Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

women 5"7 -5"8 who were 230ish lbs to 150 ish lbs?

Replies

• juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    I'm 5'10, started at 233, lost 5 pounds, and started here to lose the other 75! my goal is 153 :-) not there yet though!
  • I'm a 5'8" and started at 177 but back up to 183. My goal is 140.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    I'm 5'9" and started at 217. I'm now down to 147. How I look now could be very different from how you would look at my weight because I do little cardio and lift heavy.

I do lots and lots of cardio, mostly because I am much more focused on losing weight right now instead of building muscles, but I do strength training every other day. Id love to one day lift heavy!

I'm 5'6" - I started at 230 and currently weigh 181.

I also lift heavy, combined with cardio. I'm happy with my progress. My waist is firm and flat, even though I'm at least 20lbs from my goal. I have no jiggle. It's awesome :) Thank you heavy lifting!!
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    I'm 5'8 and started out at 246lb and am currently just over 160
    Body fat has gone from 38% to 24%
    thenandnow-1.jpg
  • 1MrsLora
    1MrsLora Posts: 1
    I started in feb and was 210 I am now at 185 my goal is 165. I am 5'7"
    Keep strong keep fighting! I came close to quitting not but 3 weeks ago
    Then I weighted my self and realized that I lost 22lbs. So here I am
    Still going still loosing.
  • nerdlyness
    nerdlyness Posts: 28 Member
    I started out at 339 and now I weigh 212 and I am 5'8" tall. Been morbidly obese for 15 years, my entire adult life. I didn't know any other way to be until recently with the weight loss. My goal is 140-150 lbs. but I will take anything under 165 (my healthy BMI range). I am an emotional eater and a stress eater. If I can do this, you definitely can!! Add me if you want any more friends who are still on this journey. It's a daily struggle, but we will kick the fat monster in the *kitten* ;)
  • katquacked
    katquacked Posts: 2
    I am 5' 8" and started at 265. Now down to 241 and plugging away VERY slowly, but I celebrate every loss of 10% with at least one new piece of clothing that fits at the weight I am at now. Just keep at it!
  • I'm 5'7 and I actually started at 338.
    I am currently 223 and my goal is 170. Although I will do a happy dance when i hit 199.9. LOL
  • Horsezee
    Horsezee Posts: 22
    I can't delete this so this is just random sentence. I didnt realize someone already posted the same link. :3
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    I have no pics yet cause I'm no where near my goal, but I started at 222, now at 212 with a goal of 160, I'm 5'8"

Very interested in this post!! :)

I would pretty much like to see woman at my height and weight now because I have this really disgusting image of myself. I refuse to wear a top outside without a hoody because I feel repulsive. I look different in every mirror and every picture!
    And then ill see woman at my goal weight also and I'll say wow... 40 more lbs and I could look like that!

I call that the Fun House Mirror effect. I started at 235, am currently at 179, and I still have days where every mirror I look in is warped. I just keep looking at before pictures to put my mind at ease!

fb86f740-a417-41fe-b285-b078ce00ab5a_zps0199d359.jpg
  • jaynepickle
    jaynepickle Posts: 47 Member
    I'm 5'7" currently 184 and am hoping to get down to 130-140. I just had our third child almost two months ago and am trying to take things slow since I'm nursing and I don't want my milk supply to disappear. I was at 150 when I got married (almost 6 years ago) and would even be happy with that. I mainly want to feel confident in my appearance rather than fixate on a number on the scale. :-)
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    I'm 5'6" and have gone from 220 to 190. I want to get down to about 155. I would love some friends with similar goals. We can cheer one another on! Feel free to add me.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    I have no pics yet cause I'm no where near my goal, but I started at 222, now at 212 with a goal of 160, I'm 5'8"

I would pretty much like to see woman at my height and weight now because I have this really disgusting image of myself. I refuse to wear a top outside without a hoody because I feel repulsive. I look different in every mirror and every picture!
    And then ill see woman at my goal weight also and I'll say wow... 40 more lbs and I could look like that!

www.mybodygallery.com

Your mileage may vary, but it's what I use to help me imagine what I might look like at certain milestones.

Thank you so much!
  • momibakes
    momibakes Posts: 5
    I just started, and these posts are helping me, especially as I have to take thyroid meds too.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478

I call that the Fun House Mirror effect. I started at 235, am currently at 179, and I still have days where every mirror I look in is warped. I just keep looking at before pictures to put my mind at ease!

fb86f740-a417-41fe-b285-b078ce00ab5a_zps0199d359.jpg

Wow... just wow. I can't weight until I can actually wear a tank top in public without feeling incredibly uncomfortable. You look great!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Sure. 5'7" and started at 185. 135 now, consistently.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819512-50-pounds-gone-before-during-after-pics

Here you go! :)

Waist = 27"
    BMI = 21.1
    BF% = 19 - 20%
    MM = 40%
  • Librariangetsfit
    Librariangetsfit Posts: 71 Member
    I am 5'7" started at 213. I am currently down to 181, my goal weight is to get to 165 and then just focus on being able to do more. Like lifting more, running faster, etc. I started in January of this year.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Mid-January of 2012 I was at 240. Am now at 179 and very, veeeeery sloooooowly making my way down to a target of 153. I'm 5' 6 3/4"
  • SaraC1977
    SaraC1977 Posts: 51
    I'm 5'10" and currently weigh 222.5 lbs. I started at 254 last summer. My goal is 160 lbs. I'd be really interested in keeping up with this thread as well.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Hi I started at 220
    I am 5'8"
    Still working hard. You can do it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!