Crazy Cravings

Options
What do you do when you have cravings for something sweet or salty? How do you convince yourself you don't need it?

Replies

• chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I eat it. Then move on.

I don't punish myself with ridiculous workouts or fasting.

I eat what I want when I want it and continue my healthy lifestyle the rest of the time.

Indulgence in moderation is not a sin.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Sweet .. and Salty .. just have a little bit. Like maybe 10cc or so .. How do I convince you that you DO need it?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Just have something small. I like the 100 calorie packs of chocolate covered pretzels for this...perfect sweet and salty combo in a pre portioned package. I also really like to snack on mini marshmallows if im having a sweet craving...Theyre light and sweet and satisfies that without going crazy on calories...I think its about 2/3 of a cup for 100 calories.
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Normally ill go ahead and have a taste. But if im having one of those 'could eat a horse' days, ill take a taste and then go up and down the stairs at work, or go for a walk at home. Distraction is how i avoid gluttony, but i never avoid any foods altogether :)
  • Nicole65
    Nicole65 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've become addicted to Reddi-Whip... it's 15 calories for 1TB.. a quick squirt in the mouth and it does the trick to get the craving gone.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it and move on. If I don't, I'll end up eating the house down and end up consuming more calories than I meant to if I had just had the "evil thing" to begin with.

BUT I also have a snack box that has snacks in it that are about 100-120 calories, that have the sweet/gooey and crunchy/salty things in it so if I do get an urge, I can usually pick something out fo there without going haywire.