Sweet Tooth

Options
SO I have a pretty bad sweet tooth. What do you guys eat to feed into the craving without adding lots of calories or carbs?

Replies

• phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Greek Yogurt - sweet, low cal and tons of protein!
    South Beach Diet Snack Bars - Fudgy Chocolate Mint - so delicious! 100 calories, 5g sugar, 4g fat (2g sat), 6g protein. Pretty much a low-fat candy bar
    Fuji Apples / Red seedless Grapes / Oranges
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm not concerned with carbs at the moment, but my sweet tooth gets satisfied with these:

big bowl of raspberries
    cut up honeycrisp or pink lady apples (cut up helps me feel like it lasts longer and is more "snacky")
    oatmeal with a bit of maple syrup (or the maple flavoured oatmeal)
    Dole Live Right Double Chocolate bites
    Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters
    those greek yogurt frozen "cupcake' thingies from the recipe thread
    lemon yogurt/dream whip "pie"
    fibre one brownies
    Special K chocolate crisp bars
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I make my own chocolate protein smoothies every morning. I add in lots of healthy stuff, but at the end it just tastes like chocolate. :) And I have one miniature Hershey's dark chocolate bar every evening.
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow Ice cream sandwiches 150 cals
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    There's also a couple different brands of frozen greek yogurt too... I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard that they're yummy!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Frozen red seedless grapes...they're like eating a popsicle :)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    If I can't fit anything into my macros, I eat one spoon of ice cream as I fix a bowl for my kids (and I don't log that bite, because I am a rebel like that). Otherwise, whatever will fit my calories and macros that I am in the mood for. A bowl of ice cream, 1/2 a hershey bar, a peice of fruit, etc.
  • Lindabrummett
    Lindabrummett Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Popsicle Fudgsicle No Sugar Added - Fudge Pop, 1 pop - 40 Calories! Love these!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    <<Sweet eating maniac...check my diary its open...usually its milk chocolate...today Dark chocolate.
  • LLStover09
    LLStover09 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Hershey Kisses or Dove dark Chocolate (they are rich and I find I'm satisfied w/ 2 or 3)
    Kashi- Dark Chocolate Almond granola bars or the chocolate coconut one which is just like a candy bar (130 ish cal I believe)
    KIND bars (A little higher in cals 180-200) but full of good fats/protein.
    Skinny Cow Giant Chocolate Ice cream cones (DELISH for 150 cal)
  • ShamelesslyFlawed
    ShamelesslyFlawed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use to have LARGE cravings for carbonated soda, but even the Diet soda isn't good for you! I started drinking the Flavored Sparkling water that you can find at Wal-Mart or any grocery store really, to curb my cravings....especially b/c I needed the sweetness! It totally works too! I have been doing this for almost a half of a year and I haven't touched a soda! P.S. it is ZERO EVERYTHING which is AWESOME!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I had my sweet tooth pulled! :bigsmile:
    but have you tried Fiber One Chocolate Cereal? I think its a healthy solution.
  • autumnwater
    autumnwater Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    What I try to do:
    Apple/grapes/fruit sald: ~80 calories/cup
    Trail mix: 160 calories for 3 tablespoons
    Fudgsicles: 40 - 60 calories a piece.
    Yonanas: http://www.yonanas.com/, ~300 calories per 2-banana treat

What I try to do isn't what I always actually do. ;)
  • kinu21_82
    kinu21_82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A handful of honey nut cheerios..i love it as a snack. Fig butter (from Trader Joe's) and sliced bananas on whole wheat bread or waffle...yummmm.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Chocolate; all kinds, as much as I can fit into my daily calorie goal after I've hit my targets for protein, fibre, and got a wide variety of other nutrients. Also, sometimes ice cream, chocolate oat milk or digestive biscuits.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    <<Sweet eating maniac...check my diary its open...usually its milk chocolate...today Dark chocolate.
    Mmm... Ritter Sport. :heart:
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Tbh I just eat chocolate when I want it, as I keep calories to snack on after dinner. Usually little funsize bags of maltesers which are 98 calories.
  • midwesternwind
    midwesternwind Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are great during the summer, Dairy Queen has a fudge bar that is to die for, they also have an orange vanilla bar and they are weight watchers recommended, Nips carmel hard candies are 60 calories for 2 of them and they banish my sweet cravings, I also found skinny cow candies are only 120 calories and they help. I am a sweet-a-holic also. I also work at a DQ and I know they have lite smoothies that are low in calories.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing I did to curb my sweet tooth was cut out artifical sweeteners. It has helped a tun and cut my cravings in half. I don't remember ever drinking regular pop I just liked my diet coke. But I can honestly say that I haven't had any pop or artifical sweetners in about 2 weeks and it has helped a tun with the cravings. I have mainly been avoiding sweets like the plague I have no control over myself once I get a taste.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Mmm... Ritter Sport. :heart:

Yes it was mmmmm alas I stopped myself at 3 pieces..