Had to share my excitement with ya'll

Options
mamagooskie
mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
so over the years I've had more than my fair share of "small" clothes that got tossed into a box.......10 years worth actually. It also got so full I had a bag of them as well.

In the last 5 months I have pretty much plowed my way through the bag and I fit most everything in there with the exception of a few off season items.....so by winter those will be in my rotation as well......but the BOX.....has been stored away in the garage FOREVER.

Well last night I brought it into the house and it's a bit heavy box, it's actually one that a stroller comes in you know the big strollers with the carseat and base so it's like 2feet by 2feet by 4feet high, and it's FULL to the top with clothes. I was hoping at best to maybe add a few items back to my wardrobe for inspiration....but I wasn't holding my breath.

ANYWAY......OVER 1/2 OF THE STUFF FITS!!!!!!

I got like 7 pairs of jogging pants, 6-7 pairs of jeans and capris and other bottoms, 1 pair pj's, like 20+ shirts, 20+ pairs of underwear, several jackets and it's pretty much an entire new wardrobe. I honestly don't think I'll be able to wear all of it before It all becomes too big for me!!!!!!! some of the items look brand new never worn!!!

I am so excited and I knew ya'll would understand.............that was my GRAND "SHOPPING SPREE" that I got to go on last night!!!!!

Replies

• TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Congrats Hon! I know that must be a wonderful feeling! :flowerforyou:
  • kimmie1013
    kimmie1013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh how wonderful...and you didn't have to spend any money...LOL
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    just awesome!

Now remember, you gotta throw out your biggies....Dr Oz says, "Thou Shalt Not Keep Fat Clothes in Your Closet"

'When you keep the clothes you wore at an unhealthy weight, it gives you a back-up plan if the pounds don't come off. Instead, force yourself to stay on track by 86ing your "fat pants."'

great to hear your story!:happy:
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - shopping in your own garage!! Congrats on fitting into everything again - keep up the good work, it looks like you're doing amazing!!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congrats. The "frugalista" in me just loves that!
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    So wonderful! Now aren't you glad you bought classic styles? Good for you!
  • mamagooskie
    Options

LOL......I don't know that they are classic......I think it's just been so long that they have come back in style!!!
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    just awesome!

Now remember, you gotta throw out your biggies....Dr Oz says, "Thou Shalt Not Keep Fat Clothes in Your Closet"

'When you keep the clothes you wore at an unhealthy weight, it gives you a back-up plan if the pounds don't come off. Instead, force yourself to stay on track by 86ing your "fat pants."'

great to hear your story!:happy:

I have a bag of biggies I am adding to weekly!! once the bag gets full I'm going to get rid of it and start a new one!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That's so cool & so inspirational! Thank you for sharing!!!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

LOL......I don't know that they are classic......I think it's just been so long that they have come back in style!!!

HAHAH Good job. I went into my spare closet this weekend and did a what was I thinking! I found clothes that fit but ones I would never wear again. Why do I have red high waisted flared pants? I know I wore them with my frankestine boots too. The sad thing is they are only 10 years old. What was I smoking?!
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    WOO HOO !!!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    What fun! I can't wait to go shopping in my house! :) (Don't have much there though, because I've gotten rid of lots of smaller clothes over the years, but I do have a couple of sizes that should last me 50 pounds or so based on how I've lost weight in the past, so I think by the time I get through those I deserve some "new" clothes anyway!)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! I want a new wardrobe... :]
  • hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Well done to you now you are looking to get a bag full of larger clothes and guess what. I think thats a great idea you got me doing it now lol. I dug out some jeans last week and they fit. yipppeee. Even some uderwear new ones I have in my knicker drawer. Tried on and omg they fit. lol
    Wont pass on my old panties lol.
    Keep up the good work. way to go girl wahooooooooooooooooooo :love:
  • tabathad
    tabathad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join your group?
    Wife, Mother of two teenage girls and 96 lbs to lose :sad:
  • tabathad
    tabathad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Talk it up girl. You deserve it. That's alot of hard work. You have lost the amount of weight I want to lose. 96lbs Man I wish I was in your shoes.
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    Talk it up girl. You deserve it. That's alot of hard work. You have lost the amount of weight I want to lose. 96lbs Man I wish I was in your shoes.

I've actually only lost 68lbs.....I have 97 more to go to be at goal weight. I have a reverse ticker, but non the less the loss has been great and I fit a ton of my old clothes so the story stays the same.

I did have a girls weekend away of partying though......and now I've feeling bloated and I have a food hangover and I'm not sure any of those clothes would make me feel "good" today.
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    Well done to you now you are looking to get a bag full of larger clothes and guess what. I think thats a great idea you got me doing it now lol. I dug out some jeans last week and they fit. yipppeee. Even some uderwear new ones I have in my knicker drawer. Tried on and omg they fit. lol
    Wont pass on my old panties lol.
    Keep up the good work. way to go girl wahooooooooooooooooooo :love:

I'm so glad that you got some "new" clothes too!! I think I was most excited about the underwear too!!! LOL
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    OMG I am actually jealous of you and wish I had a box like that in my garage!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Sweet! I never had that many clothes in my life, skinny or not, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!