women 5"7 -5"8 who were 230ish lbs to 150 ish lbs?

Options

Replies

• juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm 5'10, started at 233, lost 5 pounds, and started here to lose the other 75! my goal is 153 :-) not there yet though!
  • gorgeoouslady
    Options
    I'm a 5'8" and started at 177 but back up to 183. My goal is 140.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 217. I'm now down to 147. How I look now could be very different from how you would look at my weight because I do little cardio and lift heavy.

I do lots and lots of cardio, mostly because I am much more focused on losing weight right now instead of building muscles, but I do strength training every other day. Id love to one day lift heavy!

I'm 5'6" - I started at 230 and currently weigh 181.

I also lift heavy, combined with cardio. I'm happy with my progress. My waist is firm and flat, even though I'm at least 20lbs from my goal. I have no jiggle. It's awesome :) Thank you heavy lifting!!
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started out at 246lb and am currently just over 160
    Body fat has gone from 38% to 24%
    thenandnow-1.jpg
  • 1MrsLora
    1MrsLora Posts: 1
    Options
    I started in feb and was 210 I am now at 185 my goal is 165. I am 5'7"
    Keep strong keep fighting! I came close to quitting not but 3 weeks ago
    Then I weighted my self and realized that I lost 22lbs. So here I am
    Still going still loosing.
  • nerdlyness
    nerdlyness Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started out at 339 and now I weigh 212 and I am 5'8" tall. Been morbidly obese for 15 years, my entire adult life. I didn't know any other way to be until recently with the weight loss. My goal is 140-150 lbs. but I will take anything under 165 (my healthy BMI range). I am an emotional eater and a stress eater. If I can do this, you definitely can!! Add me if you want any more friends who are still on this journey. It's a daily struggle, but we will kick the fat monster in the *kitten* ;)
  • katquacked
    katquacked Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5' 8" and started at 265. Now down to 241 and plugging away VERY slowly, but I celebrate every loss of 10% with at least one new piece of clothing that fits at the weight I am at now. Just keep at it!
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I actually started at 338.
    I am currently 223 and my goal is 170. Although I will do a happy dance when i hit 199.9. LOL
  • Horsezee
    Horsezee Posts: 22
    Options
    I can't delete this so this is just random sentence. I didnt realize someone already posted the same link. :3
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have no pics yet cause I'm no where near my goal, but I started at 222, now at 212 with a goal of 160, I'm 5'8"

Very interested in this post!! :)

I would pretty much like to see woman at my height and weight now because I have this really disgusting image of myself. I refuse to wear a top outside without a hoody because I feel repulsive. I look different in every mirror and every picture!
    And then ill see woman at my goal weight also and I'll say wow... 40 more lbs and I could look like that!

I call that the Fun House Mirror effect. I started at 235, am currently at 179, and I still have days where every mirror I look in is warped. I just keep looking at before pictures to put my mind at ease!

fb86f740-a417-41fe-b285-b078ce00ab5a_zps0199d359.jpg
  • jaynepickle
    jaynepickle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" currently 184 and am hoping to get down to 130-140. I just had our third child almost two months ago and am trying to take things slow since I'm nursing and I don't want my milk supply to disappear. I was at 150 when I got married (almost 6 years ago) and would even be happy with that. I mainly want to feel confident in my appearance rather than fixate on a number on the scale. :-)
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and have gone from 220 to 190. I want to get down to about 155. I would love some friends with similar goals. We can cheer one another on! Feel free to add me.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I have no pics yet cause I'm no where near my goal, but I started at 222, now at 212 with a goal of 160, I'm 5'8"

I would pretty much like to see woman at my height and weight now because I have this really disgusting image of myself. I refuse to wear a top outside without a hoody because I feel repulsive. I look different in every mirror and every picture!
    And then ill see woman at my goal weight also and I'll say wow... 40 more lbs and I could look like that!

www.mybodygallery.com

Your mileage may vary, but it's what I use to help me imagine what I might look like at certain milestones.

Thank you so much!
  • momibakes
    momibakes Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started, and these posts are helping me, especially as I have to take thyroid meds too.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options

I call that the Fun House Mirror effect. I started at 235, am currently at 179, and I still have days where every mirror I look in is warped. I just keep looking at before pictures to put my mind at ease!

fb86f740-a417-41fe-b285-b078ce00ab5a_zps0199d359.jpg

Wow... just wow. I can't weight until I can actually wear a tank top in public without feeling incredibly uncomfortable. You look great!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Sure. 5'7" and started at 185. 135 now, consistently.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819512-50-pounds-gone-before-during-after-pics

Here you go! :)

Waist = 27"
    BMI = 21.1
    BF% = 19 - 20%
    MM = 40%
  • Librariangetsfit
    Librariangetsfit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" started at 213. I am currently down to 181, my goal weight is to get to 165 and then just focus on being able to do more. Like lifting more, running faster, etc. I started in January of this year.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Mid-January of 2012 I was at 240. Am now at 179 and very, veeeeery sloooooowly making my way down to a target of 153. I'm 5' 6 3/4"
  • SaraC1977
    SaraC1977 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently weigh 222.5 lbs. I started at 254 last summer. My goal is 160 lbs. I'd be really interested in keeping up with this thread as well.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi I started at 220
    I am 5'8"
    Still working hard. You can do it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!