Holy Macro's!

Options
So I was reading a thread about a woman that was having a hard time losing weight even though she was seemingly doing everything she could. Someone commented that in her diary her macros did not equal her calories.

Carbs = 4 calories
Fat = 9 calories
Protein = 4 calories

I checked a few days worth of mine and none of them match my calories, one day was off by a couple hundred calories, some days lower some higher....but wow I would have never even looked at that before!

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    So I was reading a thread about a woman that was having a hard time losing weight even though she was seemingly doing everything she could. Someone commented that in her diary her macros did not equal her calories.

Carbs = 4 calories
    Fat = 9 calories
    Protein = 4 calories

I checked a few days worth of mine and none of them match my calories, one day was off by a couple hundred calories, some days lower some higher....but wow I would have never even looked at that before!

Not all of the entries are correct in the database. Try to pick USDA entries or scan your food in. If you really uptight like myself, i actually doubel check the math if it seems skeptical. I've been doing it for long enough that i can pretty much eye ball things and determine when calories are off etc.
  • succubaeangel
    Options
    Mine seem fine. It must a problem with the food you're tracking. Before logging anything, I check the data with some other website (like USDA Nutritive Value of Foods) to check if the entry for the food is correct. That's the one thing I disliked about MFP when I started but now I got it all sorted out. (Also, I try to use the entries without the * sign (like the ones called General) as they are the ones added by the site not by other users.)