Daily calorie goal?

2»

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    I like about 1600 from what you have told us but I would eat exercise calories back since you stated that your have no set exercise plan to calculate into your TDEE.
  • Jullessi
    Jullessi Posts: 38
    I am a similar height and weight and I eat 1600 calories but dont eat my exercise points. This means I am losing fat without losing lean body mass.

you get points for exercising?! do you get a prize when you get a certain number of points?!

Yeah, a reduction in my body fat !
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    I just put my calorie intake up to 2000, I am burning between 700-1000 calories with just my exercise a day... I had my calories set to 1500 but was not seeing the results i should have been...
  • I'm so confused by this TDEE thing.
    My BMR is 1622 and my TDEE is 2231.
    So should i be eating nearer 1700 calories (TDE minus 20%) or should i stick to the 1200 MFP allocated me for 2lbs a week loss. I've seen 2lb a week almost every week so far but now i'm starting to get frustrated when i don't hit it.
    Would upping my calories to 1700 increase my weightloss?
    I know this is a lifestyle NOT a diet so i should be happy with my progress (and i really am!!) i just want to make sure i'm going about this the right way.
  • Mummy2Corey
    Mummy2Corey Posts: 23
    I'm so confused by this TDEE thing.
    So should i be eating nearer 1700 calories (TDE minus 20%) or should i stick to the 1200 MFP allocated me for 2lbs a week loss. I've seen 2lb a week almost every week so far but now i'm starting to get frustrated when i don't hit it.
    I know this is a lifestyle NOT a diet so i should be happy with my progress (and i really am!!) i just want to make sure i'm going about this the right way.

This is exactly why I was confused too as MFP sets the 2lb loss a week to 1200 cals a day but as I can't seem myself staying on 1200 a day for life I've upped my intake a little and will be weighing in on Monday.
    From what I gather (thank you to all that responded :) ) tdee - 20% is for weight loss but you don't eat back any cals burnt through exercise as they are already incorporated in the figure given :)
  • Thanks for replying, i may give increasing my cals a go depending on how my weightloss goes this week.
    i think for now i'll aim for just eating healthy options and not panic if i go over the 1200 mark
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    I'm so confused by this TDEE thing.

TDEE -20% is a 425 calorie per day reduction. 500 calories per day is one pound per week. (3500 calories divided by 7 days). The slower weight loss is healthier and easier to maintain. If you want a lifestyle and not a diet then slow and steady is the way to go. Recalculate your TDEE every 5 pounds or when your activity changes. When you get to the last 10 pounds drop to TDEE - 10% and coast into maintenance (some will tell you to drop to -15% now, but it's your choice).

Done correctly TDEE and MFP with added exercise calories will give you the same calorie allotment for the week. Both are simply calculating your maintenance level and then reducing the calories so you can lose weight.