"You are Your Own Gym" Bodyweight exercises effective?

Options
I am just curious. I've been doing "Body by You" for 3wks. I definitely feel it when I am doing the exercises. However, I guess I'm so use to thinking if your heart doesn't feel like it's about to jump out of your chest it isn't effective. I do want to lose weight and the scale hasn't been friendly. I've been the same weight for over 2 months. But I understand doing bodyweights you won't see much on the scale, which I am ok with as long as inches are coming off. I am losing small inches little by little. I'm getting ready to do my monthly measurements again soon so we'll see how it's been going!!:smile:

Replies

• Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If you notice that inches are coming off and you're feeling stronger - then it IS working! Keep at it!
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    :) Will do!! Thanks!
  • tsmortimer
    tsmortimer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wish I was paid to endorse the 'yayog' program, but I'm not. lol.

Basically, body weight exercises will definitely get your stronger and fit. Just like anything else, however, solely doing pushups/bench presses is the long way to burning fat. I definitely recommend you keep doing the program, but maybe implement these two things:

(a) proper food. Do what works for you, and make sure you support your muscles with protein, and

(b) cardio. I prefer HIIT (which would be a 'stapper' workout in the 'yayog' universe), but do what works. If you're doing steady-state, what I used to do was set a calorie goal (ie, 'I will burn 300 cals) and don't get off the machine until I hit that.

Your body will respond regardless, but these two things will speed up the visuals. lol. If you don't do these two things, you will still start to see muscle definition and some fat loss.

Just don't quit, cuz that sucks. :-D
  • jlcarcajc4
    Options
    Thanks! I do the TDEE -20% and then on my days that I don't do body weight exercises I do cardio. Usually brisk walk on treadmill at home. I do alternate that too, meaning, I do just walk some times, do uphill, intervals, mountain climb. I switch that up too!! So hopefully that will work!!:flowerforyou:
  • tsmortimer
    tsmortimer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's going to get you results, I promise.

Honestly, just getting off the couch and doing something will get you results. Don't get too technical - just enjoy being active and have some fun!

Travel safe...........
  • jlcarcajc4
    Options
    Will do, thanks!! :smile: