NSV - Girlie Problem Fixed

Options
princessputz
princessputz Posts: 283 Member
Well girls as a lady who has struggles with PCOS and never get my monthly friend without coercion from pharmaceuticals, after 15 days of low carb eating, 15 lbs and a long 117 day cycle I finally have my period.

Thank goodness!!!! I am a very very very happy lady right now!

Replies

• featherheather81
    featherheather81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is really good news. There's this show called The Food Hospital, where they "cure" different conditions by changing diet, and PCOS was one of them that benefitted from a lower starch diet. Keep up the good work.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    It is very true that being at a healthy weigh helps period issues. I have been having peri-menopausal issues, but since cleaning up my eating, cutting out the sugars and junk, the hot flashes have stopped and I have been regular as clockwork for two months. Plus, my "hormonal" migraines have quit.

Jan
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I didn't know how much weight affected how you work as a female until I tried to get pregnant. My husband and I tried 4.5 years to get pregnant. In the last 6-7 months I lost 32lbs, then I got pregnant. I lost the weight through a healthy diet and lots and lots of excersise. I definitely think that losing the weight was a major factor in getting pregnant.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!