Dog Mom in Texas Needs a Friend

Options
Hi there! (What - did you think I'd say "Howdy?") Here I am - AGAIN - trying to get off the tacos and french fries merry-go-round that has put me an all-time high weight-wise. Have a couple of friends at work trying with me, but we're all using different programs, so looking for a little support and camaraderie at MFP as well. Biggest motivation this time? I'm getting closer and closer to the big 5-0 and want to show Valerie Bertinelli she's not the only one who can rock a bikini at that age! :tongue: I'm single and my only child is my almost-4-year-old Border Collie/Golden Retriever mix (Oliver). Cutest and smartest puppy in the world! (Yes, he's STILL a puppy and always will be in my eyes.) Best part of my day is when I get home and am greeted with a flurry of his kisses! So how about you?

Replies

• chipee27
    chipee27 Posts: 8
    Options
    I just sent you a request : )
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi! I could use the support too! I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and I want to kick it! I'll send you a request!
  • beauty1954
    beauty1954 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello I hear you I am struggling with my weight I have gone from one extreme to the oher. I have an eating disorder one day I binge eat and the next day I starve myself. I am here for you we can support each other... It is very hard to lose weight and keep
    it off.... Alice
  • beauty1954
    beauty1954 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I have diabetes and had it 10 years. I struggle with my weight . I will support just let me know what you need Alice
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I am a dog lover, too. We recently adopted Harmony, an eight year old golden retriever and are training her as my son's autism service dog. She is the sweetest thing ever.

Charlie and I are both working to get into shape and healthier. He doesn't know it though. I am trying to teach him better eating habits as I strive to get off of the fast food/restaurant kick and off of sweet drinks and junk food.

He and I swim an hour a day at a local hotel pool, AKA, heaven on earth!!

Welcome!

Jan
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request too! I love dogs, we have 3 rescue dogs and 4 rescued cats. I love all animals!
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    sent you an FR :smile: I'm a crazy dog mom as well!
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    have sent a request, love dogs although unable to have them where i live but still have plenty of animals in my life due to work :love: I'm on line most days so will be able to give loads of support.
  • tafournier
    tafournier Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me....recently turned 50 & a dog mom of 2 pups who will both be 5 in July:happy:
  • benne070
    benne070 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I'm a dog mom - 2 and a half year old pitbull, love of my life! :-)
  • mkbarnes1775
    mkbarnes1775 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am a dog lover too :-) We have a 5 year old shepherd/coonhound mix and a 1 year old golden.
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    Hey I'm from texas too :) Well I'll be going back to Texas pretty soon. Been stuck in Kentucky :laugh: :tongue:
    and I also have a 4 year old border collie/corgi mix named Rimmy :)
  • Redptlmtd
    Redptlmtd Posts: 14
    Options
    Another (almost) 50 here too!! I have 3 dogs, 2 greyhounds and a sharpei. Love them!! I'll send you a request

teri
  • malmbr
    malmbr Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm really overwhelmed by the great responses I've already received!!!! Unfortunately, I don't have internet access at home right now, so it's going to take a day or two to accept all these great FR's. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone - have already seen some common interests/background just from reading your kind messages. Until tomorrow, everyone have a great evening - I'm heading home for puppy kisses!
  • malmbr
    malmbr Posts: 26
    Options
    I just sent you a request : )

Got it - thanks!!! Funny - used to be it was all about wearing cute clothes again. Now that I've aged, I've become SO much more concerned with my health. (Although the cute clothes is still a great motivator!) Thanks for the FR!