Possible herniated disc in thoracic area? WTF!

Options
I'm having my MRI next week, the pain is excruciating, walking even hurts because my spine feels like it's compacting every step I take. I have this jolt of electric shock from my spine that runs to my rib cage and then chest every time I bend down. I haven't been able to workout in 3 weeks sniff sniff :( Anyone else have any of these issues and what treatment did you take and WHEN were you lifting again?

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I would not lift if I were you until you had that MRI. A herniated disc in the thoracic region can be a big deal. Take it easy until you get the results back. If you notice weakness in your legs or problems going to the bathroom you need to seek immediate treatment.
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    For sure, I actually can't workout I'm in too much pain. I walked the dreadmill the other day for 40 minutes and it damn near killed me! Thanks for the heads up!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I never had an MRI, but I did physical therapy for a thoracic and shoulder injury last year. The best I can say is listen to your physical therapist. I went in twice a week for a couple months and did a series of exercises and traction. It really, really helped. Be patient and use your time with the physical therapist to really focus on getting your alignment back together. Good luck!