Breaking through

Options
How did you break through your weight loss plateau? Just wanting some suggestions on how to do it. Im a little down from this and would like to hear others story's.

Replies

• CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Upped my intake for a few days then dropped it back to normal. After that I started doing that 1-2 days per week and weight loss has been steady.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew - I've been 'stuck' for about 10 weeks now :grumble:
  • fallyally12
    Options
    I'm-doing-the-same-has-Catshelton...So-far-so-good..:happy:
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Upped my intake for a few days then dropped it back to normal. After that I started doing that 1-2 days per week and weight loss has been steady.
    Yep, exactly. Once you get your metabolism on track, sometimes you have to "trick" it again just for a few days. I'm holding steady for the most part, but plan to do a quick "trick" for the next few days and then drop back down again at the end of the weekend. It's worked before!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I was on a plateau for months when I heard about MFP. I joined and I put in all my info and I was to eat 1200 calories plus eat back my exercise calories. That was last December 27, 2012. I weighed in at 138 at 5'1". Today I weigh 122 for a total loss of 16 pounds. I would like to lose 2 more pounds. I wasn't perfect in my eating. Sometimes I ate too much and sometimes too little, but I did workout 5-7 days a week for at least an hour. I'm very pleased with my result.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,966 Member
    Options
    These are 2 suggestions:

1. make sure you are weighing and measuring your food so that, what you "think" you are eating is what you are "actually" eating (re: calories); and
    2. be really, really patient! Because weight-loss isn't linear, it can take some time to break a plateau, but, at the end of the day, if your calories in are LOWER than your calories out, you will lose weight....(even if it's an ULTRA-slow process!).