Hey Everyone!! Just joined, would love some friends!

Options
Hey Guys & Girls,
Just joined & would love to get some friends for support & advice :D

Going to Mexico in December & wanting to be in a healthy BMI range & looking my best.

What keeps you guys motivated? And how long has everyone been using MFP? Any tips or tricks?/

Looking forward to making friends & being a friend!

xxx

Replies

• joannasaurusrex
    Options
    Hello!

I will add you as a friend. I am going on holiday in August and am finding this good motivation! I have been here for a little over 2 weeks and have lost 11lbs :)
  • britt_0809
    Options
    i started back in june. i just had my 2nd baby in may so i am trying to lose the extra weight. i have a friend that comes over monday, wednesday and friday. i do jillian michaels 30 day shred its only 20 minutes which is great for me do to the fact that i have 2 kids and dont have a lot of free time. looking at my "skinny" jeans to motivate me and keep me exercising. Good luck and i hope you lose all the weight you want to lose.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Friend Request sent. I just started using this a week ago. I used the calculator and what not on my own, but never joined. I used it on my own for a few months, and never lost any weight. I have now been a member for a week (well a little less) and I weighed myself (reluctantly) on a scale last night, and I LOST my FIRST POUND!!! :) (It probably would have been more, but I ate out like 4 times last week (family things). This place is great! :) What keeps me motivated is my weight 1.5 years ago before I started my Masters. 155 – 150 was great! What happened? I don’t fit right in my clothes and I want to look good for my boyfriend. I also have a lot of health problems in my family, and I don’t want that to happen to me…so better start now, then later. Tips: write on here (in the forums) all the time (keeps you motivated with the success stories, and you will get more tips and tricks along the way), by organic (chemicals stay I your body and increase your chance of gaining weight or maintaining the weight, keep a daily log of foods and exercises on here, and follow how many calories you are allowed each day and additional ones you gain from your exercising. Also find something that you find fun to do (exercise wise) and do that everyday. The more you move, the more you can eat and the better off you will be later.  Oh yeah and eat a lot of veggies and fruits 
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can friend me if you want! :flowerforyou:
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    with a name like missbunnystrut...you gotta me my friend! :wink:
    I started diet chef just over a week ago- took me 4 days to realise I was doing everything wrong, so started from scratch and just lost my first pound.
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed but checking in with people here and the girls on the dc forum has made me realise that's how it should be. The food is great, don't have to cook or weigh anything...just not used to eating soooo much food!
    I'm going away in september and hoping not to look quite so whale like next to my kylie sized friend!
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    WOW...how did you lose so much?? divuldge your secrets, please :smile:
  • drucilla8
    drucilla8 Posts: 15
    Options
    Friends on here are the best!!! They keep you motivate and they are on your butt (in a nice way LOL!!!) if they see you not logging in. This site definitely motivates to stay focused and watch the pounds slowly disappear. I've been on for a couple of months. It's been up and down for me, because of things going on but im getting back on track and the more friends and supporters the better to keep me on track.

Welcome to MFP....sent friend request!!!:happy:
  • missbunnystrut
    Options
    wow ! thankyou everyone that has added me so far, your stories and support have already inspired and motivated me!

Please add my mother myfitnesspal.com/rozwhite as she is the whole reason I'm here and supporting her journey whilst fufilling my own. I know she would love to hear from you others that have tried to lose the weight so many times and have now come here.

your support is so wonderful, goodluck to all of you!
    xxx
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just joined on the 4th of July! My motivation is simply feeling better about myself. It has actually been a really fun past 3 weeks and I can't believe how much better I feel already just by eating better (and less) and exercising daily! So far I have lost almost 5lbs and am excited to have MFP as part of my lifestyle to keep me on track :) Good luck with all of this!
  • leanandmeanmachine
    Options
    Hey there, I will definitely add you and your mom as a friend. I've been on the site now for 1 week and I love it. It keeps my accountable with the food choices and the exercising. And all of my friends on the site are awesome! You will love this site also.