mlauraa
mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
any specific type that are comfy ?

i want Nike but not sure with type....help

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Go to a running specialty store and get fitted.

Buy what they recommend.

The shoes that are good for me might not be good for you, and vice versa.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

Buy what they recommend.

QFT!

I wanted Nike Free Runs, but when I went to the running store, they fitted me in some great shoes (Brooks Ghost) that I love because they're perfect for me.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Everybody has different feet, and everybody runs a little differently.

Go to a specialty running store to get fitted and have your gait analyzed. They will be able to recommend shoes based on your feet, your gait, and the type of running you do. Wearing the right shoe makes a world of difference!
  • bridgjones75
    bridgjones75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Agree to all above. Get fitted at a running store. Run up and down the sidewalk and just get a feel for the shoes. I'm in Brooks Ghost right now, I want to try Nike FreeRuns but I have never had any luck with finding a pair of Nikes that feel good.
  • calaz84
    calaz84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes try a running store they can help a lot. I have three different kinds of shoes one for distance, one for zumba and one for cross training when I workout with my trainer. Most the time I just use my cross trainers though. If you are getting shoes for distance make sure you go at least a half size bigger to a full size bigger when running distance your feet swell a ton and you don't want blister or black toes, but sometimes even having bigger shoes you'll get black toe nails!!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    yup go to a running store and get fitted. i was wearing new balance and now wear brooks glycerine. will never go back to anything other than brooks.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Buy what they recommend.

THIS...100% It doesn't matter what other people like...we're all very different and making sure you don't wear the wrong ones is very important....it can cause all kinds of issues.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yup go to a running store and get fitted. i was wearing new balance and now wear brooks glycerine. will never go back to anything other than brooks.

Just goes to show you, everyone is different. I hated the brooks glycerines. It always felt like a hard bubble under the ball of my foot. I sent them back after about a month of giving them a chance. Now I run in the Mizuno Wave Riders and love them!

Definitely go to a running store and get fitted. Everyone is different.