For the love of god newbies, read this!!!!!!!

Options
Oh geez never mind, I was just trying to re-state information that has been re-posted constantly. Same thing as the sticky notes.

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    totally arrogant -- my opinion.

In your whopping 281 posts in 2.5 years you've been sufficiently sick of questions and left the boards? Wow-- just wow.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    The same questions may be frustrating, but we were all new once, and I didn't even know you could search, I didn't even know really the forum existed for a few days.

There are a lot of sections and a lot of posts and can seem overwhelming so its easier to post a "new" question.

With that said, if people disagree, then please see your doctor, who can evaluate everything in your life not just what we see on here.

And keep in mind over eating isn't the only problem, some have had that problem and now are terrified so have gone the excat opposite, some have always been on the other side, the key here i learn how to eat healthy and make lifestyle changes. This has been a great support for a lot of people lets keep it nice and supportive!
  • theatremack
    Options
    WOW that is being really supportive to newbies!! I thought this site was about encouraging others and helping them find answers quickly. While I know the subjects that you addressed are asked daily, it's because until you are familiar with the site posting a question is the easiest and first thing you know how to do. Also that is what the site encourages you to do, post things and make friends.

You may not of meant to be demeaning by what you wrote but it was. Again support is what we are hear for.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    if i was new and saw this first.... id leave and be scared to ever post a question! WTG!
  • Red4
    Red4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for the info - it's really helpful especially from somone who's been there. :wink:
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    No matter how many times members post this information, people will still ask the same questions over and over. No use getting upset about it. People will usually just direct them to past threads where they can find their answers. If this irritates you, then ignore their questions. Easy.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Even the same questions can yeild different answers/opinions. These boards are used for discussions about weight loss...

Shoutouts to newbies:
    Feel free to post any questions if you're confused! There is always the "search" option in the message boards that will highlight any past discussions about certain topics.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Not meaning to pile on but you come up with some great comments however not everything works for everyone the same way. Realize this is a support site. If you do not want to read or answer a question you do not have to. We are here to encourage one another if we desire to.

There is also the other side of the site. You can just ignore all the communities, do your own research, and just use the exercise/food logs to keep track of things. It boils down to choices. If you want to be involved then do so but if not that is your right as well.

It is like reading Dear Abby and being upset over the clueless people whining about should I leave him since he does not love me, etc.. You do not have to read it so why torture others or yourself.
  • trice
    trice Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I understood your point greeneye. Context is lost in electronic communication sometimes.

The best advice I could offer a newbie would be to search the posts first before starting a new thread. However this is still a community so they shouldn't be discouraged to post and jump in. Enthusiasm is motivation after all.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I can't get over how bothered people are by seeing multiples of posts. Get a life if you don't want to constantly read the same things. Not to mention that you really can't make conversation on old posts because no one reads them, and the search function sucks. Get over yourself
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Ok just my 2 cents :wink: I agree sometimes there are duplicate posts here BUT I also find that there are different replies on each thread therefore twice as many replies which in my mind is a good thing :smile:

When I start a new topic I would usually check in the search option before posting but if we had some moderators in place here this could all be solved :frown:

This forum is a great place to be and the support is priceless so honestly (not being mean by saying it) I hope more topics are posted by newbies so what if it has been asked before maybe someone will add a new insight to the problem ... every answer helps us get closer to our goal :drinker:
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I can't get over how bothered people are by seeing multiples of posts. Get a life if you don't want to constantly read the same things. Not to mention that you really can't make conversation on old posts because no one reads them, and the search function sucks. Get over yourself

You make a brilliant point about the older posts!

I personally don't understand the point of getting worked up because of duplicate posts...it doesn't affect me personally since we are free to choose what to read/respond and what not to, so it just seems like wasted energy to me. It is what it is, it won't change, this post will be suffled into the mix and things will continue as usual...
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    It is very overwhelming when you first start on this journey. Please do not feel shy to ask any and all questions, even if they are repeats. We are all here to support one another and lift others up when they are down. Repetitive questions are very normal and no matter how obvious the answer might seem to some, they are not to others. We need to remember what it felt like when we first started and try to help and encourage all that need it.
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options

You make a brilliant point about the older posts!

I personally don't understand the point of getting worked up because of duplicate posts...it doesn't affect me personally since we are free to choose what to read/respond and what not to, so it just seems like wasted energy to me. It is what it is, it won't change, this post will be suffled into the mix and things will continue as usual...

I agree, people need not get their undies in a bundle. If you're annoyed by a question because you've read it 20 times before, I have a really easy solution:

Stop reading. Go to a different post. There are plenty of people who are happy to spend their days answering questions that have already been asked before. If you're not one of those people, you don't have to respond. Simple as that :wink:

People pick the weirdest things to get uptight about...:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Oh geez never mind, I was just trying to re-state information that has been re-posted constantly. Same thing as the sticky notes.

:noway: :noway: :noway:

Wow-- just-- wow.