Starting Insanity Workout

Options
So today, im going to be starting the 60 day Insanity Workout. As much as I am excited about it, im also petrified. From what ive read, this is going to be hard, but worth it.
Im sure my neighbours in the flat downstairs are going to love me.

Does anyone have any tips, or advice about it? How have your results been? Would be great to hear some of your stories too.

Replies

• solbiz0r
    solbiz0r Posts: 10
    Options
    I did for around 2 weeks but then my knees couldn't handle it anymore so i had to stop, it was really fun tho.. i really liked it :[
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Wear shoes!

I made that mistake and busted up the ligament in my ankle and had to stop after 5 weeks. I loved it though.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I finished it last week and it was awesome. I would do it again - just taking a well-earned break and doing something 'easier' :laugh: I did not wear shoes and have no probs :wink:

Keep on pressing play :drinker:
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Pace yourself! Push yourself, of course, but still pace.... it will be challenging and sometimes. You can pause the DVD for a minute and then keep going. you may want to stop but push through and it will be over before you know it :drinker:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i LOVE insanity!

take progress pictures & measurements.

the scales gone CRAZY since i started, but i am losing bodyfat, and my fitness has gone through the roof which is all that matters!
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Insanity program since December. My current results are in my profile pic.

It will be hard, very hard. Don't try to keep up with everyone in the workout videos, especially at first. Take little breaks as you need them. Good shoes are a must, many people feel a good pair of cross trainers are best. Work out on an empty stomach if possible, otherwise it may end up that way anyway lol. You WILL be sore for the first few days so a little ibuprofen might help there.

The big thing is even with Insanity remember that you can't out-workout a bad diet. I followed the nutrition guide pretty close the first go around and lost 21 lbs in the first 63 days. If you stick it out you will have great results!
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me today and feeling the same, i thought I was reasonably fit as i was doing circuit training anyway but I am yet to complete a workout bar the fit test the whole way through without having to stop or not being able to do the full minute of the individual exercises.

Muscles are aching a little especially the calves and hamstrings.

I am foam rolling every night to release tension, making sure I get enough sleep, drinking my protein shake straight after the workout and wearing a heart rate monitor to make sure i'm recovering and also pushing myself.

My goal is to try and keep form while doing the routine rather than stop because the pace is too fast.

Good luck
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello! Am in week 4 day 4 of the workout.My relationship with it its love & hate ahaha! Its totally crazy! Cant wait for the recovery week. Am 127 lbs so i didnt loose lot of weight.I see the diference on my body thought.Its more firm and i lost like 3.3 lbs till now.My muscles show a bit more.Am getting stronger day by day.You gonna love it! Good luck and keep pushing play!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Eat properly.Either follow the nutrition guide or EAT VERY CLEAN!!!Your body needs it!

I'm on my second round.

Watch out,it's addictive :)
  • Doylerawmeat
    Doylerawmeat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much guys. Its great to see so many people trying it and pushing through it. Ill be sure to let you all know how it goes, and post my results at the end of it all.
  • Doylerawmeat
    Options
    I've been doing the Insanity program since December. My current results are in my profile pic.

It will be hard, very hard. Don't try to keep up with everyone in the workout videos, especially at first. Take little breaks as you need them. Good shoes are a must, many people feel a good pair of cross trainers are best. Work out on an empty stomach if possible, otherwise it may end up that way anyway lol. You WILL be sore for the first few days so a little ibuprofen might help there.

The big thing is even with Insanity remember that you can't out-workout a bad diet. I followed the nutrition guide pretty close the first go around and lost 21 lbs in the first 63 days. If you stick it out you will have great results!

Results look great man. Well done.
  • penelopia
    penelopia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Insanity-day 4
    ....everything hurts!
  • Vicky013
    Vicky013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get my Insanity DVD program today, going to start tomorrow. I'm scared, but honestly, my biggest fear isn't the workouts, it's giving up. We can do this.
  • Doylerawmeat
    Options
    Just finished my first workout. That was hard. I cant stop sweating. haha
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Oh yes, the "afterburn" where you get in th eshower, come out and you're still sweating, lol.
    I'm in the middle of week 3. Cardio abs is short but hurts like a son of a gun. Cardio recovery is just that, light cardio but your buns and thighs will be screaming. Pure cardio, still can't complete all the moves but I do as much as I can. I burn between 450-600 calories with each 40 minute workout. It's good stuff!
    I also don't wear shoes, I have carpet in my house and shoes tend to trip me up. My ankles were a little sore the first week but now they're fine.
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've just done Day 4 of Week 2. Tough but I'm loving it, Shaun T is da man;) my calves killed for days 1-4 and then when I got up on Day 5 they were fine...really weird to go from hobbling to literally nothing overnight! Am actually starting see more definition in my calves and my thighs are rock hard! Really looking forward to seeing the jelly belly firm up, typically that will be the last to go but I'm determined to get to Day 60. Then I intend to do it all again:)
  • slflorian
    slflorian Posts: 33
    Options
    We are on week 5 (Recovery Cardio) and have been following the eating plan as much as we can. It is hard, but there are also many ways that you can mod the workouts to fit your fitness level. I have very bad knees so a lot of the jumping I can't do, but I still do other things to keep my heart rate up.

If I can say one thing is that it does get easier and it works! My husband is down almost 50lbs since February and I'm down 8lbs but have lost 4 inches on my lower body since the begining of April - not bad! I'm very pleased with the results!!!

Good luck!

Oh and PS - i do it barefoot as well on carpet. :)
  • bmag1969
    bmag1969 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Day 3 here - 57 to go!!!!!!

Anyone can friend me if they want.

I will post my beginning and ending pics when done
  • trecey31
    trecey31 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Day 16 week 3 of the first month and I love the results im addicted to it!!!!!! I love the fact that there is a variety of workouts that he changes to. I've lost inches and 5 pounds but love the way my clothes are starting to fit. Just keep going back for more!
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Oh yes, the "afterburn" where you get in th eshower, come out and you're still sweating, lol.
    I'm in the middle of week 3. Cardio abs is short but hurts like a son of a gun. Cardio recovery is just that, light cardio but your buns and thighs will be screaming. Pure cardio, still can't complete all the moves but I do as much as I can. I burn between 450-600 calories with each 40 minute workout. It's good stuff!
    I also don't wear shoes, I have carpet in my house and shoes tend to trip me up. My ankles were a little sore the first week but now they're fine.

Yep, I'm in my 3rd round - day 52. I did it this morning and could.not.stop.sweating! I'm like, get it together body; I have to do my hair for work! haha

Good advice you've gotten - go at your own pace, (don't try to keep up with them; heck THEY fall out), modify what you have to, take breaks as you need them for rest and/or water and make personal records for yourself based on that. Try to do more ski abs/ more level 1 drills/etc. Get a good protein/recovery drink and have it w/i 30 minutes of your workout. That was totally a difference maker for me. I never had any super soreness where I couldn't move. Get good cross trainers - not running shoes. Add people doing Insanity - insaniacs I like to call us - it helps. We know what you're going through...or what you have coming. (insert evil laugh)

Take lots of pics and measurements!!!! Depending on your goals, the scale may or may not tell the whole story of all the changes that are going on with your body.

It doesn't get easier because you get better and push harder each time. It's bananas yo! Shaun T is my friend. True story. Because he liked one of my workout pics on Instagram; we're besties now!

Here's my results from rd 1 (sorry if it's huge). Hoping to have this after pic as my new before pic in about a week and a half when I officially finish round 3!!!!

2nspr6.jpg