Struggling with 1400kcal

Options
Hello peoples -

Anyone can help me out on some tips/food to up my calories, i'm struggling so hard to eat over 1000calories.
I used to have the whole 'don't eat and thats how you'll loose weight' mindset for many years.

I've been eating more than I used to and doing small exercising and still no improvement.
Would be greatful if someone can have a look at my diary and give me a little guidance!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hello peoples -

Anyone can help me out on some tips/food to up my calories, i'm struggling so hard to eat over 1000calories.
    I used to have the whole 'don't eat and thats how you'll loose weight' mindset for many years.

I've been eating more than I used to and doing small exercising and still no improvement.
    Would be greatful if someone can have a look at my diary and give me a little guidance!

Your diary is private, you need to make it public :)
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I knew i'd end up forgetting to change that lol
    it's public now :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    1400 cals may not be enough. Have you calculated your TDEE or know what your BMR is? There is a group with loads of info that shows you eating can result in weight loss...I eat 1900 cals a day and more on cardio days and am losing. I didn't at 1200, 1350 or 1500. The group is called "Eat more to weigh less".
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If you want to find out your BMR or TDEE, many people have said that this calculator is pretty accurate: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods. Pasta/rice/bread are usually great for getting extra calories in. Along with: milk, cheese, nuts, PB, olive oil etc.

If you're struggling for ideas of what foods to eat to up the cals, feel free to look at my diary (it's public) I eat 2000 a day + exercise cals, and that's very rarely a problem for me so it might help for ideas :smile:
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    First thing I would say is try and make sure you get at least breakfast, lunch and dinner in. Also, make sure you are spreading your calories out through the day so you don't feel like you've got loads to make up as the day goes on. So a yoghurt and fruit at breakfast etc rather than just one or the other.
    Apart from that, try and find healthy snacks. More fruit / veg is alway a winner, I personally like a granola bar, things like that. Check out my diary if you want (although its far from perfect!), I am on maintenance cals so my target is higher.

Good luck!

Edit - make sure you are logging absolutely everything too :)
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1585.
    So is that the amount of kcal I need to eat a day? :noway:
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Have you tried drinking fruit juice? Easy, quick, liquid calories. Also, NOTHING low fat/low calorie. Exchange the Special K bars for something with more caloric bang.

Good luck!
  • Laurajanehancey82
    Options
    Hello peoples -

Im on a 1200 daily intake my doc helpd we disscussed it the thing I mainly eat is salad replaced bread wth
    Ryvitas n chips with 100g boiled potatoes iv aso discoverd honey n mustard dressing I mesure my food
    As I was having huge portions ive droped portions snacking at night limit my self to one bag off crisps a day
    I drink lots off water ....i probly get someone on here say,its all wrong but sheded 29lbs hmmm its workd
    And I can notice some changes ie sleeping better

Good lucj
  • niksmommy3
    Options
    I need help too. ugh. this is the first day counting and i didnt eat breakfast which im horrible at. ive never ate breakfast...so then lunch i ate a small bowl of my grandmas homemade soup with some crackers and then just got done making dinner which was a omlet w/3 egg whites and veggies in it. ive barley ate 600 calories all day. oops. tomorrow i guess i eat more!
  • toyfee
    toyfee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some of your meals/days don't look very balanced. I recommend fruits or veg at every meal (sometimes fruit before a meal works well as an appetizer), and some carbs as well as protein (either meat, legumes, nuts or dairy) at every meal. I noticed that you don't always have a proper meal at breakfast - this is important to get the day off to a good start.

How about nuts or seeds as a high protein snack? Great for hunger and an energy boost, and will up your total calories. Just keep the serving small, like 30-60 ml.

Good luck!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1585.
    So is that the amount of kcal I need to eat a day? :noway:

Yes. The BMR should be the minimum (this is what you need to run your body in a coma like state)
    To lose you should be eating somewhere between your maintenance and BMR.
  • yasminhancey1982
    yasminhancey1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Can you diet swap with one of your friends for a few days.