new to this! want to be support buddies :)

Options
So after 5+ years I have been unsuccessful in losing my baby weight and just plain excess baggage weight. I am new to MFP and not only could use some support partners but some tips on how to use this site to its fullest :) I am 5'5 I weighed in today at 207 lbs but also carry quite a bit of water weight so my weight fluctuates quite a bit and have inflammation which I am working with my dr's on. My goal weight is 145. I am a stay at home mother of 2 wonderful kids and take online classes and am happily married to a Sailor. Would love to hear others stories and please feel free to add me :)

Replies

• rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Request sent:happy:

Good luck
  • AprilLove125
    Options
    Hi!!

I am also a busy mom in school :-) I have one boy who is 7 and has Asperger's, and also 3 wonderful step kids who are 8, 6, and 2 1/2. I have been in school for my degree for over 4 years and am almost done (finally!!) and I work as a buyer for a capital equipment manufacturer.

I am 5'5", 140, trying to get to the 125 I was after I lost all the baby weight and then some. I found that when I went back to school I gained back the 15 extra pounds I lost (I was 144 when I found out I was pregnant, after my son was born it took about a year to lose the 40 pounds of baby weight and 15 extra pounds I was carrying...) and now I want to get back to where I was. It seems that my body is comfortable at 140 but I am not :-) I think this site is great for motivation, ideas, and accountability.

I'll send you a friend request. :-)

By the way, thank your husband for the work he does!! I am in awe of military men and their wives.

Welcome!
  • pamla77
    pamla77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    welcome!! My babies are 13 and 15 now but I know how hard it is to lose that baby weight. I had my kids 19 months apart so I had 70+ stubborn pounds to lose after my kids were born. It finally hit me when my youngest was almost a year and I felt too humiliated to take them swimming or to many other places where I would feel people were looking at me. I knew it wasn't fair to them and started my journey to better health and a happier me. Once you set your mind to it, you CAN do it and you WILL! I wish I would have had this site to help back then!
    I have times of weight gain (like now) when I let myself spiral out of control. But once I hit a certain point I kick my butt into gear and run with it! I currently have about 15 pounds to lose.
    I am a real woman with realistic goals. I change what I have the power to change, and accept what I cannot change. At my age, it is no longer about looking like a super model and more about living life to its fullest, being happy, and being there for the people I love for many years to come! :)

YOU CAN DO THIS! :) Feel free to add me! would love to see your progress!!