And... I set back my diet last night.

Options
Apparently, French onion soup without the croutons and cheese, with the combination of champagne and beer, was not a large enough dinner. Before I could know what I was doing, I ate two lean pockets, a handful of sun chips and a half of can of bean dip. Darn MFP for making me accountable for my actions...AH! In other news, I have a massive headache that may or may not be related to last night's activities... I will AT LEAST do the 30 day shred video today.

Any tips on working out when you are tired/hungover/or generally don't feel like it?

Replies

• ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I typically make myself anyway, since I feel 100% better after a workout. But on those days when I'm REALLY unmotivated, I'll at least start my workout, with the promise that if I'm still feeling blah 5 minutes into it I'll stop. I don't think I've ever NOT finished one this way, though.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You are probably also dehydrated so try to drink lots of water before you workout.
  • MamaCass30
    MamaCass30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One bad day, or night in this case, won't undo all your hard work. Nor will it keep you from moving on. That's all it is: ONE bad day. You have 364 left, so don't be so hard on yourself!

As for the working out even when you don't feel like it, just do it anyway. Easier said than done, I know! The hardest part is actually dragging your butt out there and getting started. Once you get going, it'll be fine.

Plus, you know what they say........even a bad exercise is better than none at all!
  • queenprog
    queenprog Posts: 10
    Options
    It only counts as ruining your diet if you let it get you completely off track.
    You're not off track at this point.

One - you admitted to what you ate. :drinker:
    Two - you want to exercise. :bigsmile:

Now, when you get to the point where you say :angry: F&%# this! you are off track. Until then, drink lots of water, maybe some cranberry juice, and exercise.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a hollow day. It happens. Get back up and keep on keepin on.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Alcohol does that.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water. If you truly aren't feeling up to it, do something more gentle like yoga. I've done many a hungover run and they ain't pretty. As long as you are moving, I'd count it as a victory for today and do something more aggressive tomorrow. That's just my opinion though.

*Source: Accidental beer/wine/pizza party Tuesday night.
  • ravshizzle
    ravshizzle Posts: 8
    Options
    As long as it doesn't throw you off completely you'll be fine.

I had my wife's relatives pop round about two weeks ago. Before you know it, 6 hours have gone by and we've (4 of us) have drank a litre of bacardi and a litre of vodka. :sick:

Still got down the gym for a wee workout and sauna though. I've found even if I didn't want to go and went anyway, I'd get into the swing of it in no time.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    omg....you're so cute....ha....everyone has had one of those nights, it's ok:) drink extra water...maybe some green tea....or maybe lots of green tea....and sweat it out. no worries....try to match a glass of water for every drink when you do want to drink....and believe it or not, I've planned ahead my buzzed eating dinner binge so i can control it....ie. 2 taco bell chicken soft tacos already waiting for me...so i don't go thru the drive thru & order 6 items....
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think you had a great day... We have to enjoy ourselves a bit or we will stop this weight loss routine.... After an afternoon of having several beers a couple weeks ago I ate a half pizza, then ate more greasy fried food an hour later.... Had about 4000 cals that day.... Got right back on the plan the next day and by the time the week was over I was very close to my goal....

It seems I lose my self control after just a couple beers.... Hell, it's no wonder there are so many unintended pregnancies after a night of drinking....
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Honey, I live on a farm. I work when I'm sore, have a migraine, whatever. If you need to do it, you do it.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Apparently, French onion soup without the croutons and cheese, with the combination of champagne and beer, was not a large enough dinner. Before I could know what I was doing, I ate two lean pockets, a handful of sun chips and a half of can of bean dip. Darn MFP for making me accountable for my actions...AH! In other news, I have a massive headache that may or may not be related to last night's activities... I will AT LEAST do the 30 day shred video today.

Any tips on working out when you are tired/hungover/or generally don't feel like it?

Next time eat the cheese (unless you skipped it for dairy issues)! It'll fill you up with calcium and might steer you away from the snacks.

When I feel cruddy, I start small, like light jogging or a brisk walk. If my body responds well, I keep going. If not, I'll just do a 10 minute warm up with plenty of stretching afterward.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Honey, I live on a farm. I work when I'm sore, have a migraine, whatever. If you need to do it, you do it.

I do this, too, minus the farm. As an actress, I'd ride the bus to the theater with the migraine, often dry heaving into a plastic bag on the way (luckily, it was *that* bus and no one paid too much attention to me...). I completely blanked on stage one time, and it was the only time I ever wished I had an understudy! I also played the role of Aldonza in Man of La Mancha while I was hemodialysis 5 days a week. Where there's a will, there's a way!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

That is the problem. You think of this as a diet so its okay to fudge up because you are going to restart tomorrow. But then tomorrow comes and you do the same thing. If you make a lifestyle change then these "relapses" will occur less frequently.

Drink water since you binged on so much sodium.
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Finished day three of 30 day shred! FULL out... can smell the alcohol, but I feel SO much better after working out/having some orange juice. I think I'll skip any additional cardio though... I'm shaky and it's 34 degrees and rainy here in Oklahoma....
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    One night does not a fatty make.

Or something like that.