Looking for friends with a lot to lose

Options
Hey all

I just started recently calorie counting after stepping on the scale and realize for over a year i have been yo yoing between 315-325 pounds. I have a wedding coming up in the next few years and cannot imagine looking like this during it so it time to make around 100 pounds of me melt away not just for me but for my fiance and us having a long happy future. Looking for some friends who want to push threw a daunting number with me.

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    you've made the first step, making a committment. I don't have a lot to lose though, but I have my own battles

I'll follow you and help you on your journey if you'd like. You can Do This! it will take time, but it WILL be worth it
  • thick31
    thick31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am getting married in Sept. and looking to loose about 50 lbs before then and about 90 overall. I will run with you set a wedding date and if he hasn't already get a ring both will help motivate you even more!
  • Denise8P
    Denise8P Posts: 23
    Options
    I have a little over 100 pounds to lose and welcome new friends regardless of size, age, fitness, etc., as long as they intend to stick around and say something now and then :) Feel free to send a friend request if you'd like. I hope you find MFP as awesome as I do!
  • ruthijo
    ruthijo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Ruth and I've been in here since March. I started out really strong and lost 12 lbs in 4 wks but had an incident hit my family on April 7th that knocked me over and rolled me around for a few weeks. I think I have my head on straight now so I can hit the floor running again :)

I have been over weight since my 1st pregnancy (he is turning 33 this year :| ) I'm looking for friends that can help me move along this path and someone that I can do the same for them. I'm over 300 lbs so I have a LONG road, but not unattainable!! :) At this moment in time I'm what you would call handicapped. Hopefully that will change once I get my knee replacement. I'm so looking forward to being able to get out and walk/exercise to help with the weight loss process.

Add me if you are interested in becoming a buddy/friend.

Oh yeah something I needed to add here is, hubby and I will be renewing our vows in May 2016 so I have a goal set to be down to my "goal" weight by then... we will see!!