Morning Routines?

Options
I don't have a lot of time before work in the morning (7am start time, 45+ minute commute), but I want to add some sort of "wake up and get my metabolism working" routine in the morning.
What I'm imagining is some sort of combination of lunges, crunches, pushups... Basically something I can roll out of bed and start doing in my room.

Does anyone have anything similar they do or advice for what I should target?

230lbs (F) currently. Going to gym frequently (3-4 times a week) for last month doing mostly elliptical and weight/cardio circuit. A semi calorie restricted diet, but mainly focusing on adding exercise into my life. No results yet, but not discouraged.

Replies

• livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Convince our boss to mandate a morning work-out? :tongue:

Sounds like you're on the right track, check this out:
    http://www.shape.com/celebrities/celebrity-workouts/dr-ozs-7-minute-morning-workout

Quick and simple to get you (and the metabolism) going. I might have to give it a shot myself. :drinker:
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Check out Women's Health magazine, there is usually tear out workouts in there every month.

Can you go to the gym in the mornings? I go to bed @ 8-8:30 so I can go to the gym at 4:00am. It seems to give me more energy throughout the day...
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I do a modified version of the traditional yoga sun salutation cycle with an eight-count breath on each position of the cycle. It takes about 7 minutes total, and I do it every morning while still in my jammies before I step in the shower.

Traditionally, it's done fast--changing moves on each breath so taht you complete the whole cycle in l a little over a minute, and then repeat it 4 - 6 times (google "sun salutation" for plenty of how-to videos)

It's a great morning invigorator that includes some stretching, some strength training (lunges and planks), and gets the heart going, too.