help :( !!!!!!!

Options
i sprained my ankle and am currently on day 3 of insanity. im really stubborn on quitting. can i just modify or should i just wait. im so mad

Replies

• DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You have to ask a doctor. Just take care of yourself and feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend any exercise that you can't do without being on that ankle. You could tape it up or use an ankle brace or sleeve which may give enough support to do workouts, but it will prolong the time it takes to heal. Also, you risk re-spraining or aggravating the sprain further each time you would attempt to workout on it, which would really prolong the healing time.
  • Hollander001
    Hollander001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Maybe swimming and I found this information on that topic:

Swim Options

If your ankle is still significantly swollen, it's not ready for any activity. You can swim recreationally, but not for a workout. If your ankle is recovering and your doctor allows minimal activity, use a pull buoy to support your legs and use your arms for your workout. To use a pull buoy, hold the float between your legs, either near your pelvis or knees, depending on what's comfortable, and use the freestyle stroke to power your swim. Once you're comfortable with the pull buoy, try swimming backstroke to avoid boredom.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'd rest it for a couple of days+ before jumping back into Insanity - there are a lot of lateral movements in those workouts, and you're asking to make it worse if you go over on it again. Check your shoes before starting back up again - cross-trainers are designed to give more support for lateral movement - you might want to invest in a pair if you haven't already! In the meantime, walking, low-impact cardio like biking/swimming, body-weight exercises, etc. can keep you moving.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Find some other form of exercise that doesn't aggravate it until you are fully healed. Maybe the rowing, bicycling, or swimming? I imagine swimming backstroke would put no strain on the ankle at all.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    i sprained my ankle and am currently on day 3 of insanity. im really stubborn on quitting. can i just modify or should i just wait. im so mad

Look for something else to do for a few days. It's not worth it to heal partially & then risk re-injuring it again. If you re-injure, you'll add more days onto recovery .... again.

You can do lots of upper body and abdominal work... push ups, bicycles, crunches. Tons of stuff you can do in the meantime.
  • Traintolive
    Options
    rest!

hop in the pool after a day or so and see how it feels to aqua-jog / swim.
  • Smash666
    Smash666 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing after day two. It is pretty high impact. I recommend that you let the ankle heal properly and build back up to insanity gradually as strength returns to avoid further injury and extended healing time. Nothing worse then missing out on training due to an injury.
    I did alot of balancing exercises on the injured ankle to help strengthen the muscles around the ankle, once it was strong enough to take my body weight.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I kept going on a sprained ankle once not only did I keep re-hurting it. It took 3 months to quit hurting. Yeah- go see your doctor.