Healthy snack ideas

Options
CP_9712
CP_9712 Posts: 25 Member
So I recently had an issue where I would get hungry and would grab something that I could eat quickly.
The problem being that most "convenient" snacks are super high in sodium and now I'm so bloated its almost painful.
So I have decided to stock my kitchen with quick and easy healthy snacks.
Heres what I have come up with so far:
string cheese
yogurt
nuts
dried fruit
granola bars

Can anyone give me some more ideas?

Replies

• hipma
    hipma Posts: 7
    Options
    popcorn ... buy a bag of seeds (super cheap) . A little oil in a pot , cook the popcorn make sure you don't have the lid on too tight, you need the steam to escape to make fluffy popcorn. A little salt or other spices and you're good to go. It's a very cheap, healthy, filling snack.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit
    popcorn
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    popcorn ... buy a bag of seeds (super cheap) . A little oil in a pot , cook the popcorn make sure you don't have the lid on too tight, you need the steam to escape to make fluffy popcorn. A little salt or other spices and you're good to go. It's a very cheap, healthy, filling snack.

or put it in a brown paper bag and pop it in the microwave
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I just had a package of granola from Chik Fil A (came with a salad and I kept it for a snack)

Celery and Peanut Butter (limit the PB), Almonds I eat almonds all the time about 15 is a serving and actually holds you over VERY well.
  • CP_9712
    CP_9712 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've never tried popping my own popcorn. I'm going to now.

I love almonds. I usually get a nut mix that doesn't include peanuts.

I just thought of boiled eggs as well
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs on Sunday to have as breakfast/snacks for the week ahead. I also cut/bag veggies on Sunday for snacks as well.

Cottage cheese is also a go-to for me, as long as I have somewhere to keep it cold. Pure Protein bars are a great snack for me also when I need to get to my minimum calories after a workout.
  • Ebirtles123
    Ebirtles123 Posts: 25
    Options
    I like low fat yogurts , fruit bars like go ahead and i like the odd bag of crisps too :)
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    on Sundays I bag pretzels, cheese, hard boiled eggs, almonds, cereal, carrots, celery etc. That way you always have 1 serving of something to grab quickly all week. I also always keep a 100 calorie almond snack pack and a granola bar in my purse.

a few extra minutes on the weekends can save you all week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Typical for me...

berries
    other fresh fruit (usually apple/banana/orange)
    nuts
    trail mix
    peanut butter (I love with my apple)
  • kiki5353
    kiki5353 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks also for those great ideas!! A little frustrated. After lowering my calorie intake to 1200 & going to the gym I've managed to GAIN weight. I'll keep trying.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Here's some of my favorite snacks:

Boiled eggs (especially with some mustard..mmm
    raw carrots and hummus
    greek yogurt
    grapes (or any fruit)
    banana/peanut butter
    almonds
    cashews
    to go packets of tuna
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Celery spread with laughing cow cheese or peanut butter
    Guacamole and multi-grain tortilla chips
    Apple slices dipped in peanut butter
    Banana slices dipped in melted chocolate and then frozen
    Raw vegetables and hummus
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas. I will have to keep a list of these on my fridge, so when I go shopping I make sure I always have some of the items listed on hand. I have a sugar addiction, so these will help me stay on track.
  • Can_Change_Natalie
    Can_Change_Natalie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Here is a few snacks that i have, Im sure most have been listed already:

Yogurt or Fruit with Almonds
    Corn thins
    Tuna
    Veggie Sticks with hummus
    Boiled egg
    Popcorn.

Most of these things can be eaten on the go
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    KIWI!!!
    One Kiwi is only 50calories :) you can have it alone or with an activia 60 calorie yogurt
    super delish!!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things right now is fresh blueberries, blackberries and strawberries with Sugar Free Cool Whip on top. Yums!
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Cereal like Cheerios or Chex .
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    So I recently had an issue where I would get hungry and would grab something that I could eat quickly.
    The problem being that most "convenient" snacks are super high in sodium and now I'm so bloated its almost painful.
    So I have decided to stock my kitchen with quick and easy healthy snacks.
    Heres what I have come up with so far:
    string cheese
    yogurt
    nuts
    dried fruit
    granola bars

Can anyone give me some more ideas?

I'd watch the dried fruit n granola, lots of sugar. Try fresh frozen bluberries in your non fat plain greek yogurt. Beef jerkey, pumpkin seeds, any other nuts or seeds in small servings 1 oz (28g). Raw veggies dip in hummis or salsa.
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options

or put it in a brown paper bag and pop it in the microwave

say what?! genuis.
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks also for those great ideas!! A little frustrated. After lowering my calorie intake to 1200 & going to the gym I've managed to GAIN weight. I'll keep trying.

Why did you lower to 1200 AND start going to the gym at the same time? Your body needs more fuel than that.