Meal ideas

Options
I'm looking for cheap, easy meal ideas that don't involve any cooking equipment. We are currently based in a hotel due to our flat being flooded. We don't have any access to cooking facilities so need ideas that don't require a kitchen. We will be bringing the microwave down from the flat and basic kitchen tools (knives, chopping boards etc). I'm in the UK in central Bristol for the time being so am within walking distance of a veg stall in the city. I don't really want to have to rely on microwave meals as they are expensive and not particularly filling not to mention the high salt/sugar in them. We have breakfast provided so only need ideas for lunches and dinners. Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    tuna
    tuna salads?
    tuna sanwiches?

dont know if you have a fridge
    but
    stock up on some yogurts and fruit
  • lattafay
    lattafay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs (you can get the poached egg containers that you put in the microwave) on wholegrain bread with beans? You could slice tomatoes to accompany it! And there's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned salad; packet of Bernard Matthews turkey breast chunks with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, peppers, sweetcorn, salsa, and a jacket potato, or rice noodles? You could add eggs to that buy leaving them in the mic that little bit longer and letting the yolk go hard!
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas so far. We do have a fridge but it's one of those mini bar fridges so have very limited space. At the moment I have milk, soya yogurts and sushi in there. As the shops and market stalls are pretty close it's possible to buy stuff that I only need for a day or two.