What do you do when sugar is calling for you!!

Options
I am trying to not eat as much sugar as before and have been replacing every craving with fruits...but will the fruits cause me to gain weight as well???

Replies

• ohheyitsfelicity
    Options
    Fruit won't likely cause you to lose weight - if you look at Weight Watchers model, they're 0 points. Now, if you're eating 4 packs of strawberries, two watermelons and 15 apples a day, that may effect your weight loss. Try to eat something with healthy carbs too while you're eating fruit, such as apples!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I cleanse my liver, it helps tremendously!
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    Fruit won't likely cause you to lose weight - if you look at Weight Watchers model, they're 0 points. Now, if you're eating 4 packs of strawberries, two watermelons and 15 apples a day, that may effect your weight loss. Try to eat something with healthy carbs too while you're eating fruit, such as apples!

Do you mean "fruits won't likely cause you to GAIN weight?" lol!! I hope so....
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I eat Sugar.
  • mgore0404
    mgore0404 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Going to sound weird
    What I do is keep a bag of Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips, and if I am having a craving for something sweet, I know that I can have 14g of those chocolate chips for 70 calories (and yes I weigh out 14grams)
    It works really well, and I never feel guilty about eating 14 grams. Some times I add them to a greek yogurt, or add them to my cereal to make it more sweet.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    If Im craving something I have it. Fallen off the wagon too many times depriving myself of certain foods.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    If I crave something sugary, I will just have it. I don't have much of a sweet tooth so don't each a lot of sugary foods anyways
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I eat Sugar.
    And he does SUCH a good job of it, too!
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    it's the carbs that gets stored as fat that causes most people to gain weight. if you can watch your carb intake, that'll help. i know that there is a lot of controversy about the atkins diets, but it does have some truth to it - not only does fat get stored as fat, but glucose that is not immediately worked off is also transformed into fat.

limit your carbohydrates. i know it's hard but you can order atkins products - their granola bars have sugar alcohols that do not spike insulin and they taste sweet :) they're delicious with only about 2-3g net carbs.

you can also try eating nuts.
    i know it's not as good as sweet sugars but nuts are still satisfying.
    dark chocolate is also a really good replacement - antioxidants are healthy and not as insulin-prone as others.

hope that helped.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I eat sugar too. In fact, I plan on it nearly everyday. Otherwise, I would kill someone. And that's just not healthy.,,,for them. :happy:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    it's the carbs that gets stored as fat that causes most people to gain weight. if you can watch your carb intake, that'll help. i know that there is a lot of controversy about the atkins diets, but it does have some truth to it - not only does fat get stored as fat, but glucose that is not immediately worked off is also transformed into fat.

limit your carbohydrates. i know it's hard but you can order atkins products - their granola bars have sugar alcohols that do not spike insulin and they taste sweet :) they're delicious with only about 2-3g net carbs.

you can also try eating nuts.
    i know it's not as good as sweet sugars but nuts are still satisfying.
    dark chocolate is also a really good replacement - antioxidants are healthy and not as insulin-prone as others.

hope that helped.

Actually anything in excess is stored as fat. Fat is the bodies way of storing unused energy. Calories are units of energy. If they aren't used they're stored in the form of fat. Whether those calories come from a protein, carb, or fat is irrelevant, in terms of weight loss.

Also, I've tried those Atkins bars. I'd rather eat sawdust.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I like the Celestial Seasonings Naturally Sweetened Acai Mango Herbal Teas. They are already sweetened with stevia and I dont have to add anything. That is what I do when I am craving sugar and I have several cups to pacify me.
  • musicmint
    Options
    [/quote]

Actually anything in excess is stored as fat. Fat is the bodies way of storing unused energy. Calories are units of energy. If they aren't used they're stored in the form of fat. Whether those calories come from a protein, carb, or fat is irrelevant, in terms of weight loss.

Also, I've tried those Atkins bars. I'd rather eat sawdust.
    [/quote]

lol...
  • musicmint
    Options
    I eat sugar too. In fact, I plan on it nearly everyday. Otherwise, I would kill someone. And that's just not healthy.,,,for them. :happy:

Yes...everyone has to eat sugar someone everyday it is impossible not to....but do you mean like...CANDY? (candy bars, candy, chocolate)
  • ladyicye50
    ladyicye50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will eat some candy or something sweet if I crave it. Everything in moderation.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I don't have sugar cravings since eliminating most sugar from my diet (My one sugar treat is my sweet creamer in the morning - even with the creamer, I try to limit my sugar grams to 25-35). The first 3 days suck, but once I was off sugar, all carb and sweet cravings went away. Trust me that's saying something for me. I didn't just have a sweet tooth... it was sweet teeth... ALL of them!

Not everyone is willing to make this choice, but I've found it far easier than any other time I've tried to lose weight. Without it, it's been very simple. But...sugar for me was an addiction. If I ate it, I craved more. If I don't eat it, I'm fine.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am trying to not eat as much sugar as before and have been replacing every craving with fruits...but will the fruits cause me to gain weight as well???

The fruit will not necessarily cause you to gain weight, but when you consume calories from ANY source in excess of what you burn in a day - then yes, you will gain weight. So, it is possible to gain weight from fruit...but no more than it is possible to gain weight from any other source of calories. Of course, fruits are far more nutritionally beneficial than "junk" foods containing sugar (candy, etc.), so you'd want to try to eat fruit more often than the "junk" (no need to completely cut it out though). Consume the fruits you enjoy, be sure to log them accurately, stay within your calorie goal, and you'll be fine.
  • TJMiddaugh
    TJMiddaugh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i use PB2 (its powedered peanut butter that they press out most of the fats also) it comes with "premium" chocolate lol but its low in actual sugars and put it on a salt free brownrice cake. takes the edge off for me. kinda has the consistency of frosting. its pretty good
  • kmbuelna
    kmbuelna Posts: 2
    Options
    If you have cravings, drink peppermint tea. With no sugar of course! Really helps! Also yes fruit turns to sugar in ur body! Not near as bad as refined sugar but still raises ur insulin which cause ur body to store! Watch the fruit!
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Theres no need at all to track sugar unless you have a medical reason to do so. Just count it as carbs.