5'10 ladies - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 148 and happy with my body! 145 would be great but I am not actively trying to lose any more, just continuing exercise and eating around maintenance (or more... oops :wink:) in the end its how you feel, as long as you are healthy, the number isn't important. Good luck :smile:
  • ciarabrennan7
    ciarabrennan7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to get down to 150. The last time I was close to there was when I was 16.
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If theres one thing I've learned on here is chasing a number will frustrate you. I know this first hand from my beautiful wife. She started on MFP first and did the "I want to be 140". Truth is she was more in love with what she "thought" 140 should look like. It easy to try imagine yourself in the mirror missing the 5, 10, 15 lbs turning sideways and thinking "that would look real good on me". But thats because your visualizing and instant loss. Like other posters above me have mentioned weight looks different on people. My wife started rocking it out then found a group of people that led her from straight cardio to incorporate weight training. But the dreaded lifting will make you "heavier" and "Bulky" and thats a psychological can't do for some people. She stayed steady lifting light weights (I joined in) and hasn't hit the 140 but has lost fat gained muscle and went to a size 4 and I think maybe a size 2 in other brands of jeans.

The biggest speedbump is when you first start out, you'll lose weight and that processes as success, thats proof that your hard work is paying off. You get addicted standing on the scale everymorning seeing 1lb gone. But eventually youll start to level off by gaining muscle while losing fat at the same time which can make your numbers stall, and then you'll end up with a post "why am I not losing weight? I'm busting my butt" This very exact thing happened to me and my wife she wanted that number so bad but then stalled and freaked out, as did I a couple of weeks after her. So the scale started mentally sabotaging our workouts making the urge to quit start to enter our minds. The only thing that really saved us is before she started she did body measurments and after a week of stalled at a undesired number she got the tape out and saw how many inches she had lost and could now fit in a new line of clothes which was her origional goal setting.

So just take good measurments, especially in the areas that you want to see go away. Work it like a champ and when you hit the levelling off point take those measurments again and that will be your new visual aid to your hard work.
  • madmamaontherun
    madmamaontherun Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 160. I've been told I should weigh 135 as well but I don't think I'd be comfortable with myself that small. My mom weighs 135 and she's petite. As long as you are comfortable and healthy at your goal weight that's all that matters.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If theres one thing I've learned on here is chasing a number will frustrate you. I know this first hand from my beautiful wife. She started on MFP first and did the "I want to be 140". Truth is she was more in love with what she "thought" 140 should look like. It easy to try imagine yourself in the mirror missing the 5, 10, 15 lbs turning sideways and thinking "that would look real good on me". But thats because your visualizing and instant loss. Like other posters above me have mentioned weight looks different on people. My wife started rocking it out then found a group of people that led her from straight cardio to incorporate weight training. But the dreaded lifting will make you "heavier" and "Bulky" and thats a psychological can't do for some people. She stayed steady lifting light weights (I joined in) and hasn't hit the 140 but has lost fat gained muscle and went to a size 4 and I think maybe a size 2 in other brands of jeans.

The biggest speedbump is when you first start out, you'll lose weight and that processes as success, thats proof that your hard work is paying off. You get addicted standing on the scale everymorning seeing 1lb gone. But eventually youll start to level off by gaining muscle while losing fat at the same time which can make your numbers stall, and then you'll end up with a post "why am I not losing weight? I'm busting my butt" This very exact thing happened to me and my wife she wanted that number so bad but then stalled and freaked out, as did I a couple of weeks after her. So the scale started mentally sabotaging our workouts making the urge to quit start to enter our minds. The only thing that really saved us is before she started she did body measurments and after a week of stalled at a undesired number she got the tape out and saw how many inches she had lost and could now fit in a new line of clothes which was her origional goal setting.

So just take good measurments, especially in the areas that you want to see go away. Work it like a champ and when you hit the levelling off point take those measurments again and that will be your new visual aid to your hard work.

VERY well said!!
  • sonicdescent
    Options
    I aam 5'8 and feel the most comfortable at about 145, however 150-155 is doable, as well!
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 160.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 180/175 is actually where I started.

I currently weigh 153, and am trying to get back to 150.. maybe even a little lower, like 140.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit over 5'11'' and right now at about 172. My goal weight is 155...but that may not happen. I'd take 159-162...that would put me at about a size 6 or 8. :bigsmile:
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbs for a few months now. I'm waivering between 160 - 165, got into the 150s for like 2 days. I would be happy at 150 as that is what weight my calculations say I need to be for the lowest possible healthy body percent fat for a female. I'm not aiming to have a models body - just want to have a healthy athletic build like I did prior to my 20s.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'10'' and 5'11'' (depends on the day...) I'm currently 177 and my goal weight is 155, though I'm more focused on how I look versus the scale. My main goal right now is to fit into all the clothes, especially my size 8 jeans, that I haven't been able to wear in over 3 years. I was 155/160 then, but I had hardly any muscle tone. Now I'm actually strength training, so I know with muscle I will probably be looking more at 160/165 or so, which is fine with me. I just want to look and feel good, which is already happening.

The best advice I can say is MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE! Don't focus on the scale weight because it's very frustrating. I've seen the scale go up, but still would be losing inches. You can have 2 different people at the same weight and look absolutely different because of how they carry their weight. Focus on losing inches and being happy with how you look. Trying to hit a certain weight can be detrimental in the long run - you body may never get down to it.
  • eagertoloseweight1
    Options
    I am 5"10 and weigh 151.8 lbs
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'11" and weigh 154ish and still want to lose more. it really depends what you're comfortable with - i'm definitely not stick skinny or fat, just in-between but i need to tone up etc.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" (so slightly over), and at goal weight - 165lbs.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and want to get down to 145.
  • avatrx
    avatrx Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm 59 - also between 5'10 and 5'11 depending on the day. When I was younger I weighed it at about 138. My friends said I was too thin, but when you're young - you can never be TOO thin,

Looking back - when my oldest daughter was in college - I could find clothes for her in a size 8 and try them on. if I could barely get them on - I knew they would fit her just fine. I think I weighed in around 150 at that point. When I was pregnant with my twin daughters (1975) - my waist went from 28 - 49. I did get back down - almost. Only got to a 31 waist. I'd be happy to have that back. Now it's more like 34.

Now, in my older and wiser age - I am targeting for a FIT 155. or somewhere between 155 and 162 but FIT. That is the key. I'd like to wear size 10's again but a nice loose 12 would be nice. I have lots of good clothes that fit me in a size 12...

As we tall girls know - it's VERY hard to find clothes that fit right. Pants aren't long enough - sleeves are too short, the waist never lands at your waist with anything.......................................... So now I'm working on sewing to get stuff that fits. Shoes? don't even go there.

I entered my goal weight at 155 but I'm truly more interested in how I feel and how my clothes look on me than what the scale says. The scale just makes me behave.

The rule of thumb that I have seen is to start at 100 lbs and then add 5 lbs for every inch above that. Bodies are all different. Muscle weighs more than fat. Large, medium and small frame account for about a 5 lb variance.
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Inbetween 145-165. It depends on your frame size. Ive seen tall women as low as 125 that looked fine. And as high as 180.
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I'm currently at 186. My goal weight is 150-160.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and shooting for 140.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!