Your Best Cocktail?

Options
Sorry if this is a repost, but being an outgoing college student, I love hanging out with my friends and enjoying the booze every so often. I feel like this is where my weight actually came from as I normally drink beer. But what is everyones elses 'healthy' alcoholic beverage of choice? Or is this completely an oxi-moron and alcohol should be on the DON'T CONSUME list?

Replies

• SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    only drink things you can see through
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Spirit and sugar free mixer is probably the best thing. And of course it's fine to drink in moderation - although I'm a student too so know this isn't always easy!! Gin and slimline tonic is my favourite drink. Beer, cider and wine are the things to avoid for weight loss.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1) Whipped cream vodka mixed with Diet Cranberry Sierra Mist (Tastes just like cream soda)

2) Rum and Diet Coke
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    15 yr old Mccallums :drinker:
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fresh squeezed lemonade sweetened with stevia powder sweetener. Ice it down real good then go get some cruzan flavored rum : Mango, strawberry, rasberry etc then pour a big ole glass of lemonade but leave space for two shots of above selected rum. It's dangerously delicious so recognize that it'll creep up on you but at least you wont get scurvy. When you wake up rush back onto mfp look me up friend me and say thank you for this recipie of deliciousness!

Stawberry lemonade
    Mango Lemonade
    Rasberry lemonade
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet Cherry 7up. Sometimes I go for the grape or strawberry vodka, but usually I just stick with the regular stuff.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Scotch and water, or Scotch and seltzer.

I had friends swear by Bacardi and Diet Coke.

Guinness is surprisingly low in calories, relatively speaking.
  • Laurahans0722
    Laurahans0722 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any Clear Alcohol with Crystal Light
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Eh, hell will freeze over before I drink a vodka cranberry or some sugar spun cocktail.

Jack Daniels-neat.

I guess if I'm feeling especially frisky I'll have a car bomb.

Jameson, Guinness and irish cream. Makes the world go round :drinker:
  • traceyc712
    traceyc712 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Three Olives Triple Shot Espresso vodka. It's fantastic on the rocks - no mixers needed. 70 calories per ounce.
  • jbartelme
    jbartelme Posts: 3
    Options
    Scotch. Neat. Preferably old enough to vote.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Middleton's Irish Whiskey

Petron Platinum
  • allyhirsch
    allyhirsch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love vodka and club soda with a splash of cranberry. Tastes just as good as a normal vodka and cranberry but much less in calories!
  • Skinny_Issy
    Skinny_Issy Posts: 61
    Options
    My drink of choice when out is vodka with diet coke, as it has a high alcohol to calorie ratio.

I also like wine. It has more calories, but I get drunk from it quicker, so I probably drink less / have fewer calories. :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Eh, hell will freeze over before I drink a vodka cranberry or some sugar spun cocktail.

Jack Daniels-neat.

I guess if I'm feeling especially frisky I'll have a car bomb.

Jameson, Guinness and irish cream. Makes the world go round :drinker:

my kind of girl :drinker:
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I make a mean Kamikaze lemonade :)

Vodka
    Lemonade
    Blue Curaco

I don't know measurements, but I love the drink! It is my beach side fave. I will fill up a fairly good size adult "sippy cup" with lemonade, add a shot of vodka and another of blue curaco.

Yummies. Good stuff! Ice it and take it to the beach!

A friend of mine has me liking this (I don't know the name, just the way they make it):

Cherry rum
    ginger ale (one of the little half cans)
    cranberry juice

Oy, so good!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

me personally? I drink plenty of high ABV craft beer and top shelf old bourbon. I see no point in drinking two and a half garbage beers when I can have one really good one.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Champagne or another sparkling white wine. I sip it slowly to really enjoy it. Sometimes I go fancy with a kir royale (sparkling white with creme de cassis, st. germain, and a twist of lemon), but the added sweetness makes it easier to suck down quickly.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I realize you don't mean it this way but just had it last nite and lately it IS my favorite 'cocktail' ;) ~ shrimp cocktail. About 100 calories for 5 jumbo shrimp with spicy cocktail sauce, yum!