Accurate Logging

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
Just curious, how many of you are on point with accurately logging your food everyday?

I admit that when I log sometimes I choose whatever sounds like the closest thing to what I had, rather than searching through every food item in the list. So I have no idea how accurate the nutritional information is with whatever I ate. I assume there are days where the calories are more than what I had, or less than what I had.

Replies

• UmarsWifeyy
    Options
    Im really accuartly checking all the food i ate and putting it in, This is helping me out alot.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    If its packaged I use the barcode scanner on the MFP application and weigh my food. But if I eat out I try to plan ahead or chose something that looks the closets to what I ate. But I find it pretty easy to log accuratley :smile:
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I do okay with accuracy at home. I'd do better with a food scale, but money is nonexistent and I'm not in charge of things around here. I guess when I eat out. I had a lobster roll from a tony cafe for lunch. It wasn't the biggest and butteriest lobster roll I've ever eaten, but I have a good sense of portion sizes and think i guessed okay. As long as I don't eat out every day, I figure guessing isn't the worst thing in the world.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm getting better at it. I've found myself logging individual ingredients (yogurt ,strawberries ,flax) instead of the finished product(smoothie) and it helps me be more accurate.