Les Mills Combat w/ Wrist weights

Options
JasAbyG
JasAbyG Posts: 39 Member
Hi all,

Is it fine to use wrist weights with Les Mills Combat or the weight distribution is more beneficial with weighted gloves.

Thanks

Replies

• nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've not used the weighted gloves, but I don't think it would hurt. I know that some of the others in the class I take use them.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use gloves but never thought of wrist weights. I like being able to make a tight fist. Burns more!
  • JasAbyG
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies.

It helped towards my decision :smile:

Love MFP
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Dan actually recommended on a live webcast that something like a weighted vest was the best option. My personal 2 cents: unless you have sufficient experience with punching techniques, I would not go for either weighted gloves or wrist weights. The thought of doing a hook and wearing out your shoulder really scares me.

Here is a thread in the Les Mills forum re: weighted gloves in BODYCOMBAT classes:
    http://www.lesmills.com/Community/forums/thread/49189.aspx
  • JasAbyG
    Options
    Wow thank you, I never knew :) But,if there's such a risk why would Les MIlls promote it??
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    The gloves that are part of the Ultimate package actually aren't weighted. The seem to be similar to gloves you would use with light bag work or speed bags. I actually use unweighted, light bag gloves, and I do find it does cause me to work on my punching /fist formation.