eating exercise calories?

Options
leesey1
leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
i have a question, are you or aren't you suppose to eat your exercise calories? some people say yes & some say no, i want to get the best results possible and I want to know. Please let me know which one is best & why.

Replies

• sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I would say go with what you want to do.. I eat some not all. sometimes more sometimes less. If I am hungry I eat. Entirely up to you what you want to do.

This is probably of no help! LOL
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Check the stickies there is a lot of information about this already.

I do if I am hungry or if I need to get above 1200 net for the day
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I usually eat back at least half of mine (more if I'm hungry).
  • leesey1
    Options
    yeah sometimes i'll eat a few of them, but not all. i was going through the threads, and it was so many different opinions that i started doubting myself. it just confused me with so many different views. :indifferent:
  • hesse_v
    hesse_v Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I actually don't eat my exercise calories. I normally workout in the evenings, so i just try not to eat at all after i finish. But if you are hungry, then eat them! :)
  • leesey1
    Options
    thanks Trusunshine, i was just making sure I was doing th right thing. thats a good way to look at it. (only eating about half)
  • autumnleann
    autumnleann Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try my hardest not to, but sometimes I slip which makes them a nice cushion!
  • TaraArriola
    Options
    I have gotten way better results when I eat at least half of them.
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine because if I don't , I don't have enough energy to have a hard workout the next day.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I just wrote this so you might as well take a look at it. It should clear things up for you (I hope).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/108362-eating-to-fuel-your-body-very-long
  • leesey1
    Options
    Thanks so much SHBoss that was a very informative (but long lol) post. Seriously, that cleared up a lot off things for me, thank you.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much SHBoss that was a very informative (but long lol) post. Seriously, that cleared up a lot off things for me, thank you.

twas my pleasure! Best of luck to you!