? 3 days ago upped calories and eating back exercise cal.

Options
ok so I have been at a stand still for weight loss and I have talked to enough people to figure out its probably from not eating enough and not eating back exercise calories.

My question is how long does it take for the body to see your not starving and start losing again?

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    if you've upped your calories over a hundred or so per day, it could take up to six weeks. How much were you eating before, how much are you eating now, and how did you come by the new number?
  • jfurrrr
    jfurrrr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week. I have a fitbit that measures my calories burned. For the past few weeks, I was only eating my recommended calories given by MFP... not eating back the calories added based upon my activity calculated from my fitbit. Most days it would tell me to eat another 600-800 calories. For this past month I have only lost a few pounds. Then this past weekend I went out of town and ate more calories that I had been. I was super suprised to see that I have LOST 5 pounds since Monday. :)
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week. I have a fitbit that measures my calories burned. For the past few weeks, I was only eating my recommended calories given by MFP... not eating back the calories added based upon my activity calculated from my fitbit. Most days it would tell me to eat another 600-800 calories. For this past month I have only lost a few pounds. Then this past weekend I went out of town and ate more calories that I had been. I was super suprised to see that I have LOST 5 pounds since Monday. :)

quite a few people I've come in contact with have eaten very little during the week and then just splurged on the weekends and they lose weight faster than everyone else I know eating under 1500 cals a day.
  • limitedmommy
    limitedmommy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was ating 1250 day and some of my exercise cals. netting about 1000 which I know was low. but some days I would be over all together and my weekly net was breaking even. Now I have upped my cals to 1500 day and eat back more exercise cals netting about 1300-1400 a day.
  • limitedmommy
    limitedmommy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    anyone else?