I have a crush on running... 1st week of Couch to 5k

Options
Running to me is like that really cute guy who you have a major crush on but then when you actually date him you realize its way too much work to stay together. Thats how I feel about running. I am always like ohhhhh I want to be like her and run forever... or I want to love running etc... then I get on the treadmill a couple times and I am like..... ummm yeah... no! lol

HOpefully this time it will be different and me and running will "run" away together into the sunset!

I started my first week of couch to 5k this week and I am scared as all get out! Hopefully history won't repeat itself and Running and I won't break up again.

Replies

• cursedcristy
    cursedcristy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The first 10 runs are gonna be a pain in the *kitten*. Like you are gonna hate it and your body will hate you for it the next day. After that your muscles will start building up and a) you will find it much more easier and b) you will start burning calories quicker. Have you tried walking at a good pace ? It burns about the same calories as a heavy run if you make it last twice as long. I find that strolling into town and back home really helped getting my legs muscles to wake up a bit :)
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Yes that is so me as well!m I downloaded the app but thinking about it freaks me out so i havn't used it yet!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    LOL, I really like the way you describe it. I felt that way as well. Now I'm happy to say that I finally fell IN LOVE with it. It took some time and effort but to me was, it was soo worth it. Hope you find your love as well.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Try running outside! I did the first three weeks inside and hated it...ran outside and never looked back!
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love it and I hate it at times. I cant hardly do it on the treadmill. My SIL can go forever on it but not me. I do better outside. Im to the point now if I dont go several times a week Im major grouch. My goal is half marathon in Oct now! Keep at it!
  • mikioi
    mikioi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I'm wanting to try this out