I'm Back!

Hello all!
I am back after a pre-Thanksgiving hiatus. I didn't splurge (much), and I have generally kept to my diet and exercise. The reason I left was because I was at a plateau and I hadn't lost weight or inches and it was extremely frustrating. I guess I just noticed that with this website, I was logging too much...every piece of gum, every weight fluctutation, every sit-up, and just WAITING for the pounds to drop, WONDERING why they hadn't dropped, and getting mad at myself and asking questions as to why nothing was happening.
I guess I am just one of those people that isn't going to see results as quickly as everyone else and I am going to have to work hard at it. I don't think I am going to log my calories and such for a little while, but I am going to be on MFP for the support!
Thank you to everyone for being here!
Cardgrl

Replies

• cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Hello all!
    I am back after a pre-Thanksgiving hiatus. I didn't splurge (much), and I have generally kept to my diet and exercise. The reason I left was because I was at a plateau and I hadn't lost weight or inches and it was extremely frustrating. I guess I just noticed that with this website, I was logging too much...every piece of gum, every weight fluctutation, every sit-up, and just WAITING for the pounds to drop, WONDERING why they hadn't dropped, and getting mad at myself and asking questions as to why nothing was happening.
    I guess I am just one of those people that isn't going to see results as quickly as everyone else and I am going to have to work hard at it. I don't think I am going to log my calories and such for a little while, but I am going to be on MFP for the support!
    Thank you to everyone for being here!
    Cardgrl
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Handle your business girl! Were here for you.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Cardgirl, we've missed you! I know all about those plateaus... ugh. It can be so frustrating. I guess the best advice someone gave me once was that this quest to be healthier is not a race, it's a lifestyle change. It isn't going to happen over night. Stick with it, girl. You can do it. Welcome back.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Welcome back. I have been away also. Different reasons though.
    The important thing is we are back and back on track. Hang in there girl we will win the battle.
    It’s good to have you back with us. :flowerforyou:
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Thank you all! :blushing: