Can i really eat more?

Options
Okay, so, even after almost 50 pounds lost, Im still not a know-it-all.

Im wondering if I up my calorie burn from 2,500 to 3,000 if I can eat 2,000 calories a day instead of 1500.

I find myself very hungry, all the time.

I wear my bodybugg all day, everyday.
Except when showering, obviously.

And my usual calorie burn when not working out just light walks through out the day is about 2400-2600.

Im starting a new workout routine tomorrow and just need to know if I should just stick to the 1500 a day. I dont want to GAIN weight. But I feel like If Im working out more, maybe I can eat more and still lose weight?

Replies

• wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would suggest uping it a little bit and seeing how it goes! so maybe try like 1750 and see how that goes! :)
  • stagingfirstplace
    stagingfirstplace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    eat 250-750 below TDEE.

to find this, set your calorie goal to maintenance and thats your TDEE without exercise.
    any exercise added is extra calories burnt.
    so say 2500calories is your TDEE for the day. eat between 1750 and 2250 to lose fat and maintain your muscle mass.
    (muscle is important for lower body fat percentage and increased metabolic rate, as well as making you look more 'toned')
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    that's a 1000 cal deficit... there is no reason why you can't up to 1750 - 2000 and still see the changes in your body, especially being so active! =)
  • LeeLeeLooLoo51812
    LeeLeeLooLoo51812 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    when set to maintain, my calorie consumed is 1,820 so, I feel like eating 1,500 is about what I should be eating to lose weight?
    I dont understand all that.

I only understand that 3,500 calories burned = 1 pound lost. So, having 7,000 burned weekly should give me 2 pounds a week.

No matter how much I eat, right?

So like, If I burned 3,000 everyday, I can eat 2,000 a day and still lose 2 pounds. But if I only burn 2500 I could only eat 1500 if I still want to lose those 2 pounds..

thats about as far as my knowledge goes HA!
  • stagingfirstplace
    stagingfirstplace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    when set to maintain, my calorie consumed is 1,820 so, I feel like eating 1,500 is about what I should be eating to lose weight?

I only understand that 3,500 calories burned = 1 pound lost. So, having 7,000 burned weekly should give me 2 pounds a week.

So like, If I burned 3,000 everyday, I can eat 2,000 a day and still lose 2 pounds. But if I only burn 2500 I could only eat 1500 if I still want to lose those 2 pounds..

just subtract 250-750calories from your bodymedia and eat that. say you burnt 2500 calories in a day. eat 1750-2250 to lose fat. i wouldnt eat at a deficit larger than 750calories. for example my deficit ranges between 250 and 500calories per day with a maintenance day thrown in there every so often.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Okay, so, even after almost 50 pounds lost, Im still not a know-it-all.

Im wondering if I up my calorie burn from 2,500 to 3,000 if I can eat 2,000 calories a day instead of 1500.

I find myself very hungry, all the time.

I wear my bodybugg all day, everyday.
    Except when showering, obviously.

And my usual calorie burn when not working out just light walks through out the day is about 2400-2600.

Im starting a new workout routine tomorrow and just need to know if I should just stick to the 1500 a day. I dont want to GAIN weight. But I feel like If Im working out more, maybe I can eat more and still lose weight?

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I was wondering. What do you think of the bodybugg? I am thinking of getting one when I can.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Maintenance is assuming that you aren't exercising... keep getting the burns you have been and feel confident knowing that you will still lose fat if you increase your calories a little bit with high protein food to keep you feeling full. I also would also focus less on how many pounds/week and lose the fat at the rate your body wants to let go of it at! =)
  • LeeLeeLooLoo51812
    LeeLeeLooLoo51812 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY BODYBUGG!
    The bodybugg link is what I have and I wear in everyday. Even if I have an off day and eat more than I should, I keep my bodybugg on and keep pushing.
    I love trying to beat my calorie burn each day! :D

I got my husband using one and he's not even over weight! Hes using it to gain muscle and to make sure he doesn't over eat!