No Sex Drive

Options
Ugh, this is horribly embarrassing and I've put it off as long as I can, but I need to know if anyone knows anything on the topic or has experienced it themselves.

Pretty much everyone I've talked to (online or in person) who has lost weight tells me that their libido rocketed through the roof when they dropped the weight. Whether it's confidence or hormones (everyone seems to have an explanation), I've seen over and over that it's actually a great reason to lose weight.

But in my case, the effect is the exact opposite. Even when I was at my highest weight, I had a ridiculously high sex drive. My boyfriend (we've been together nine years, since before I even gained any weight) literally wasn't able to keep up. But as soon as I started losing a significant amount of weight (probably after the first 20 pounds or so), it disappeared completely. I never want it. I'm embarrassed and turned off when he touches me (even for a hug). I have no idea why.

It's becoming a major point of contention for us, not something we'll usually say outright, but one of those things that tends to rear its ugly head during a fight or argument (which are happening with increasing frequency). Honestly, I have never been at all a sexual sort of person; it's always been alien to me, but I'm happy to do things in that category in the context of a loving relationship. And my boyfriend understands that, but the change in my ability to get to that point is a problem.

Has anyone else had this sort of effect with their own weight loss? I know some people might suggest therapy, but due to financial difficulties, that is out of the question right now (until at least late August). It would still help me immensely to get any insight into the issue though. If any additional information would help, let me know and I'll be happy to provide any. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Im single, but when I was in a relationship as I was gaining my sex drive was through the roof. Then I hit my heaviest in weight. At that point my sex drive plummeted. It was completely non existent.My partner at the time did not care because he had gained weight with me. There was a point in that relationship where we both went about a year without having sex with each other. (i cant prove wheather or not he cheated in that time) Im no longer with him so I dont care either way.

You may want to consider if you have started a birth control during your weight loss. I was once on the nuvaring and never wanted to be touched. could not get aroused or turned on in any way. Pretty much any birth control can do that to a woman. Neddless to say Im not on any birth control. However I am single and am not engaging in any sexual activity right now.

I will add you as a friend. I hope you find a happy medium.
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Try reading some sexual material together. There are lots of erotic books and that may get the convesation and feelings going again. Sex is as much a mental thing as well as physical. Good Luck
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    junk food, drugs and alcohol always get me horny if i'm not into it.