Jillian Michael's DVD's

Options
Has anyone tried any of the Jillian Michael's workout DVD's? I want to get a little something extra for at night to help work off my dinner and thought this would be a good choice. I go to the gym every day at work and usually do 30 mins on the treadmill and some of the weight machines for a little strength training but I want something that's a little more structured. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    I used the Jilliam Michael's 30 Day Shred and I love it!!! I really works you and I am sweating by the end. I can also get it done at home with my kids running around. You only need a set of handweights and a mat if you have a hard floor!! Good Luck!!
  • sumblondchic
    Options
    I used the 30 day shred the month leading up to my Hawaii vacation and I really liked it! I felt like it made quite a bit of change and it only takes about 25 minutes out of your day so it isnt hard to commit to. I have 3 little kids running around and I was still able to accomplish it. I used 5 lb weights and didnt need a mat because my room is carpeted. I bought the videos off amazon and just watched them online. Good luck!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Yes, the shred is something I do if I don't have time for a long workout. It's only 20-30 min long, and works you pretty thoroughly. At $10 @ Target, and free if you have Netflix (I ripped my copy), it's totally worth it.
  • katlynx6
    katlynx6 Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm also a fan of the 30 day shred - I just started yesterday and I was skeptical about the effectiveness of a DVD workout but it defiantely kicked my but. I can't speak to its total effectiveness yet, but I'm sore today so it's definately doing something!
  • debhue75
    debhue75 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser Last Chance work out w/ Jillian Michaels. That video kicks my butt everytime
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm with the masses... I also do the 30 day shred!! Love this video! Totally worth the $10 I spent on it. I also heard her metabolism video work great!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I also use the 30 Day Shred, though I don't do it every day. I use it at least 2x a week and love it because it only takes 20 minutes yet my body sweats and really feels worked out. Have had some intense muscle soreness when I first started, but the good kind; knowing your body is getting in shape! Plus I found it at Wal-Mart for dirt cheap and it doesn't require any special equipment other than handweights, and you can use vegetable cans if you don't own any!!!!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Currently working out to Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...Day 14...

B
  • mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser Last Chance work out w/ Jillian Michaels. That video kicks my butt everytime

I have this one too and 30 DS - havent used 30 Day Shred yet - love LCW too much! It's a great DVD.

Bob Harper just released some new DVDs as well that I heard are really good. I havent ordered them yet but I'm planning on that being my next exercise DVD purchase.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I've done all of them, so when I get bored of one, I pop on another one. I also have some of Bob's vids, and they are awesome as well.
    I have lost inches and lbs, and have more muscle definition.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    PS Order your dvd's from Amazon.com if you want a really good deal!
  • jeweljade
    jeweljade Posts: 93
    Options
    Do you have a DS or a WII? I have the 2010 Fitness ultimatum on my DS and it is so convenient for at home workouts. There are workouts that she has put together on the program, then you can take the individual workouts and combine them to make your own routine. This is so helpful for me because I can make my own routine and save several of different lengths of time. So let's say that I wanted to do a quick workout and I knew I only had about 15 min I could choose the 15 min one I created. I really enjoy it.
  • minus15go
    minus15go Posts: 27
    Options
    I have all of her DVD's & love them. 30 Day Shred is good for a quick but intense workout. The Metabolism one is the most intense in my opinion it's 45 min circuit training, heavy on the cardio along with a 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down. The No More Trouble Zones is like a longer version of 30 Day shred and is more focused on using light weights. I used it a lot before my wedding to tone my upper body. I also have her yoga DVD which is also pretty serious stuff, but I think anything she does is going to be intense, lol. Anyhow I highly recommend any of the workouts & I got all of mine at Target for around $10-12 each. Good Luck!
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did anyone lose weight with the 30day shred? I am always so skeptical of workout videos for some reason. I have the biggest loser bootcamp one but havent tried it yet. Jillian's 30 day shred says you can lose up to 20lbs in 30 days--just curious if anyone has completed it and had luck.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I also do the 30 Day Shred. I love and have seen results. I only do it every other day, so it will really be the 60 Day Shred for me. I do the elliptical everyday along with swimming most days. I like it because I am building muscles and don't have time to hit the gym yet (even though I have a membership) I don't know if I would do it right after dinner, maybe you would have 20 minutes to do right before. I'm on Level 2, Day 4. I was really sore after the first day...like couldn't walk, but I just kept doing it and then went to every other day!! Hope you like it!!
  • kpie11
    kpie11 Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help! I'm going to pick up a couple of them today and give them a try. I mean, even if I can't move tomorrow, it's just the weekend so that's ok! I'll just plop my butt in a chair by the pool and call it a day!
  • adunkin22
    adunkin22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    this was all really helpful to me. i'm going to pick up some of her dvd's at target today too. i love her show "losing it with jillian" so i'm excited to try out her dvds!
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    On Day 3 of 30 day shred, so I don't now what I'll be like at the end of it but I love it already. Honestly, in that 25 mins of workout I feel more pushed and worked out than I used to at my old hour long gym classes (lke bodycombat/bodypump - and they were hard). I love it and I plan on getting more of her DVDs to mix it up a bit as time goes on. I'm also working out in the pool/walking/using wii fit plus on top of it.
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The Jillian Michael's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is AMAZING! It is TOUGH but it is the best workout ever. It is about 45 minutes, so it is kind of a time commitment, but the variety that she has in it makes it go by fast. Best of luck!

xoxo
    Maggie
  • amystahler
    Options
    Gonna start this tonight! Looking forward to seeing how this is. Heard its intense!