Not being supported by my own best friend.

Options
I'm tired of this. My cousin keeps telling me "I'm obsessed" with losing weight, and that maybe that obsession's causing me to see differences in myself that aren't there. Well, I don't think she's right. I mean, she's my bestest friend. But why would she say something like that to me? I see differences, she tells me she doesn't and that I'm super obsessed and won't get to nothing like that. Gee whizz. :noway:

Replies

• beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I think most people notice differences in their own appearance way before anybody else. Don't sweat it, just keep on doing things right and others will eventually notice. You're the most important person to be doing it for, anyway.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    bit harder when its your cousin but when my former best friend failed to help me through something huge i dispensed with the friendship. In hindsight she was a self centred ***** and still is, and i'm way better off without her.
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    not really sure the whole story prior to your cousin's comment, so dont want to end up being offensive or anything. but maybe everytime you hang out you keep talking about health, fitness, whole foods, etc. so then after a while, unless they are also interested, it gets annoying. esp if they also have some weight issues. or maybe your cousin feels like he/she lost their bestest hang out, eat out, party bud. so he/she feels upset about it all.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • PaliDNAnge
    PaliDNAnge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't know your cousin, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she really doesn't notice any difference. Maybe she's not as observant as you thought? That doesn't mean there aren't any. You know your body better than she does, and you'll see small differences. As for being obsessed, there may be some truth to that, but I would call it more focus rather than obsession. We have a goal, and we're trying to reach it. With losing weight, we have to watch what we eat and our daily activities. It just so happens that we eat and move all day long so we tend to think about it all the time. At least I notice that with myself.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Maybe she's jealous, maybe she wants you to talk about stuff you use to talk about instead of this, maybe she really can't see the changes yet.