What's your motivation secret?

Options
2»

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    "If you did have a million-dollar racehorse, would you let him stay up half the night drinking coffee and booze, smoking cigarettes and eating junk food?" "Would you treat your 10-dollar dog or your 5-dollar cat that way? What about your billion-dollar body?"

anyone can add me
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I think I have come to the point where I don't believe in motivation. Yes I can get motivated and all pumped up and ready to do this,then after days/weeks/months/years it isn't as strong. Yes I do want the same things but some days no matter how much i want it i can't be bothered. So I will just keep going until I get to goal if I motivated or not. I might be strange lol.
  • bluelabatt
    bluelabatt Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really feel like this website is going to help in my weight loss journey. Just thinking about looking great in all my old cloths is whats going to motivate me :D
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself on Monday and I was down .6 pounds. Sure, everyone loves to see results and this one could have deflated my desire to be healthier because the number really wasn't "that" different, but I looked at my mom (She has the scale, lol) and she said "Beats being up .6.

And YES, thank you mom for that perspective!!!!!
  • qwertyem564
    qwertyem564 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    l heard the phrase somewhere: "suck it up so you don't have to suck it in". also, i always listen to music. For some reason it motivates me to not eat junk food and such. Especially songs from Les Miserables, because they are so sad XD
  • edellc
    edellc Posts: 1
    Options
    I take each day as a new day..if I had a slip up yesterday I dont let it effect me today.

At present I have lost nearly 2 stone (since feburary), by using portion control and making better choices with food. I also work out at home to my kickboxing dvd 4/5 times a week. But it is a slow process and takes dedication each and every day and you always have to have your end goal in sight.
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror! I lost 6 pounds in my first week and have stayed that weight for about 3 weeks now. The scales may not be moving but my body still looks different. My stomach is flatter, and love handles are disappearing and I have lost 2 inches off my waist. The scales are only half the battle. As long as I am happy with how my body is progressing I try not to get too hung up on weight. :D Keep going, you'll do fine! Remind yourself of why you started eating well, that motivation will stay with you!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    The numbers on the scale... the second I think about ordering a pizza I think about the numbers going up.