I have a reverse journey.

Options
After many years of sendentary living after getting out of the army I gained about 30lbs, (50 if you count the 20 lbs of muscle i lost after the army). I decided to really get back to normalcy being active, doing things outside, and it worked... Slightly too well. I lost more than what I intended to and now I'm trying to gain back a little bit of what I lost. My initial goal is to gain about 5 lbs of muscle and then go from there. I swear 2 days on this website and I feel like I have to eat all the time. I mean really! Spending all day eating broccoli and spinach and whey protein, working out and having to add more broccoli and fiber. Can't I just throw a burger up in this piece?

Replies

• sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Lean burger, sure! How many calories does it have you eating? What percentage of protein?
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    you can eat whatever you like, just learn to budget for it. Many of my friend eat burgers, tacos, fries, shakes, candy ect and are loosing because of the "budget" philosophy.:noway:
    Just realize that what you eat may, at times, leave the tum feeling yucky :sick: if you choose to eat "pure".
    start friending folks and check out their food and exercise diaries ( very revealing):tongue:
    and happy loosing!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Heck yes throw a burger up in this place. I am having them tonight.

Try a meatloaf hamburger...get super lean burger, add egg, worchestershire, minced onion, green pepper, sundried toms, etc. and toss it on the bbq...then depending on how many cals you have for the day, top it with a ton of veggies on a bun or in between lettuce leaves.

I like the meatloaf burgers because they have all sorts of extra stuff in them and the egg is extra protein.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Grashopper119, you suck donkey balls! lol nobody cares that you lost too much weight!
  • missbunnystrut
    Options
    Good on you for joining and using this site as a tool to help you bulk back up to your former self and keep healthy!
    I'm sure you'd be able to eat a burger here and there, homemade or cafe style would defs be better than McDonalds or something but guys that play football and things are eating all the time! As long as you're working out and dont go crazy then im sure you'll be able to add on that muscle in no time :D

Goodluck x