Help improving this recipe?

Options
Alexandra289
Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
Hi,

Recently I've been trying to make a banana oat pancake/omelette type thing for my breakfast. Sounds weird but tastes amazing. I saw some similar recipes online all saying different things and I've been trying variations of the recipe but can't get it to cook in the same way an omelette or pancake would. It gets very thick and doesn't really harden up so I can't flip it. It all comes out a crumbly mess but tastes good anyway! This is roughly what I've been trying:

Mashing a banana together with an egg and adding about 20 grams of oats then frying in some oil

That was way too gloopy so today I tried mashing half the banana (then adding the rest in slices later) and adding some soya milk. But still came out gloopy.

Does anyone know of a way to get this to cook better or is it just not going to happen with the ingredients I'm using?

Would appreciate any help :D

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need ore oats or add an egg

anyone can add me
  • werneket
    werneket Posts: 20
    Options
    I am guessing you don't want to use flour. Some Wheat flour with ground flax seed and baking powder would help much. I would use vanilla and cinnamon. The banana replaces the egg and oil in the cake. Happy Cooking:happy:
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I used a mashed banana, egg and ground almonds for mine, and always added some baking powder to help it along, made them small pancake size rather than in one dollop because they were easier to turn. Very tasty!!!
  • Methinksabout
    Methinksabout Posts: 153
    Options
    I just recently tried banana pancakes i.e. just banana and egg - they turned out really nice, had one big banana to two big eggs - I'd say put another egg in your mix to get the right consistency if you want to use oats. And definitely make sure that you brown one side first before flipping them.

And as Elmo said, small ones (three in a pan) are way easier to flip than one big one :-)

Enjoy it!
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'll try it again with another egg and doing them in 2 lots. Really want this recipe to work because it tastes SO good.