Can't past 160lbs!

Options
Jen_ht
Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
It's my nemesis!

I'm as close now as I've ever been, but I just can't seem to shake enough off - I hover around the 162-163 mark and I don't know what changes I need to make to break through - would love some suggestions?

My routine is mon-fri Jillian Michaels 30DS - I walk everywhere I can, prob clock up an extra mile a day what with getting off the bus to work early and walking the rest of the way, walking back to the stop in the evening and having a quick walk at lunch. Weekends I generally am active but don't work out - I garden, clean out the chickens, walk to the shops etc.

MFP has me on 1450 cals a day which I hover around. I'm not usually much below and I do eat back exercise cals. I also just gave up alcohol and cigs for 2 weeks, which has helped the bloating/water retention etc.

Should I work out more? Should I reduce/increase my cals? Not eat back exercise cals? I'm looking for inspiration folks - help me break through that barrier! :bigsmile:

Replies

• tlynnest
    tlynnest Posts: 112
    Options
    Bump
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to read this! I am at 160 and 161 also. It's almost psychological. As if my body has decided it's not going to get below 160. So I have decided not to weigh this week and see what happens. I get so frustrated when the scale goes up one day and then down the next. But never below 160.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should just make 164 your goal. You look great.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I would lower your calories by 100 or 200.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to read this! I am at 160 and 161 also. It's almost psychological. As if my body has decided it's not going to get below 160. So I have decided not to weigh this week and see what happens. I get so frustrated when the scale goes up one day and then down the next. But never below 160.

Weighing daily is ridiculous. Mostly, weigh weekly. But, monthly is more ideal.

If I weighed monthly I'd have shown a 16 lb loss at once... wow, that would have been awesome
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should just make 164 your goal. You look great.

^^ great answer!

I struggle too with the last 3 to 5 pounds so i feel ya! how about changing your exercise, add more intensity, add more exercise, whatever it takes. Maybe eat 100 calories less each day also....
    your body needs a change so it can have a reaction!