Saggy Butt Problem

Options
I'm relatively thin and now at my goal weight (yay!) so now I wan to turn the focus to toning/shaping up and getting my *kitten* to look perkier.

According to my scale (take that for what it's worth), I'm 119 pounds and 17.7% bodyfat. My problem area has always been my butt (I call it my fat deposit center).

I've been working out for serious for about 3 months now, doing an average of three days a week of cardio and two days a week of strength training. My strength training includes weighted squats, lunges. I started out with seemingly no lower/upper body strength, so I'm only doing squats with about 15 pounds on the barbell at the moment. I do them during a circuit training kind of class, so I'm not sure how many reps I do exactly but it's at least 20 or more.

Has anyone had success in reshaping their butt area? How long before you started to notice the difference? And should I be doing more squats?

Replies

• Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!
    I'm 120lb with a 14.03 BF%... :(
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Keep doing those squats, with more weight if possible. Deadlifts also strengthen the butt muscles.
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hey :) Wow you're doing so well :)
    I found some youtube video's for the butt so take a look :)
    Also apparently just sitting etc and sucking your butt in and out helps.. though i've found the best things are weights with lunges/squats :)
    here's the vids i'm not sure how good they are though :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFlH8XJsF7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqvXp3Z5Muc

Hope it helps!
    <3
  • mamamia29
    mamamia29 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Check out FitnessBlender, they are on Youtube and their own site.
    Lots of workouts for the butt,
    Brazillian Butt Lift is my fave, check it out only 1/2 hr workouts and some are less :)
    Happy Squatting :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    How much cardio? If long steady state then cut it or do HIIT and lift heavier weight. Incorporate lunges, deadlifts and hip thrusts to name a few. Plus be patient and eat well.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    TOTALLY AGREE...do Squats! AND, make sure when you do, you are sticking your butt back and your knees don't go over your feet!

As for toning in general, lift weights!!!! GOOD LUCK and congrats on your progress so far!! :-)
  • MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Options
    Squats. Done properly, of course.
  • swishandflick
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to do a slow bulk up while lifting heavy and focusing on squats, deadlifts, lunges, and step ups. You need to be in a calorie surplus to put any significant amount of muscle on. I'm bulking right now and my butt is seeing the most benefit, totally worth the temporary addition to the love handles!