Progress after almost over a year...yay!!

Options
vjm7981
vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
May 17, 2012 marks a day that I will never forget. It was the day I decided to take back control of my life. My lack of willpower and hard partying ways had left me ballooning out of control and it was no longer fun. I am almost at that one year mark, and I am proud to say that I am down 82lbs. It's been quite the ride, but it truly has been worth it. At first I found myself struggling with my new "lifestyle" change especially in the food department. Once I learned that I didn't have to cut out everything, it became easier. This girl loves her beer too and not once have I deprived myself of it. It's all about moderation. Sure I have the days where I wake up a couple pounds heavier because I had to much fun the evening before, but heck, I'm human and I deserve those good times. Just pick yourself back up and keep truckin' along. Life is far too short to not enjoy every minute that you can. I know that had I continued down the path I was on prior to May 17, 2012, my life would have been even shorter. I'm going to attempt to post these pictures, no guarantee's that I'll post them correctly :laugh:

old4_zpsfd07706e.jpg

new2_zpsa48eb660.jpg

old_zpsaaaccd3b.jpg

new_zpsaea8fdb7.jpg

Replies

• bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    awesome! congrats!
  • jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well done! I, too, enjoy having some beers with friends! Everything in moderation! The moderation key is the hard part, with almost anything.
  • vmckinzey
    vmckinzey Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job and an awesome attitude toward life and food! That's the mindset I'm adopting and trying to stick to. Life is too short not to enjoy every minute of it. Eat/drink what you love just in moderation and with daily exercise.
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Looking great and happy! Congrats!
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome!(:
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic - so inspirational!
    I love your attitude - going over and gaining from lots of social things in one week isn't a reason to chuck the whole process in - just get back to your routines the next week.
    Consistency is totally the key! Well done.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    YAY for you. You've done fantastic! Continued success for you on your remaining 16 lbs!

And yes, I'll drink to that! :drinker:
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    great attitude!!! congratulations, you look fantastic!!!
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep on truckin' chic!
  • WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel as good as you look. Well-deserved success.

:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!