Meet someone new today

Options
Everyone can use a little extra support and motivation. Introduce yourself and add the person above you.

My name is Manny and I've been struggling with my weight most of my life. Once I start a diet I can never seem to stick with it. My weight is like a big roller coaster. I know this story probably sounds a lot like yours. I know I could use some extra motivation!

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hey Sports Junkie! Solano County, Ca. Here!! I hope you had a great day today and whatever you did for yourself makes me proud of you!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    This is a great concept. =)

Hi, my name is Nikki and I'm a mother of two. Before MyFitnessPal and joining a gym, I was never much into fitness or counting calories or any of that stuff. I've found renewed love of myself and my life by committing to myself. I hope I can help inspire others along my way!
  • sarathrasher12
    Options
    Hi my name is Sara and I am continuing a weight loss journey I started three years ago. I just had a baby and now I am set back a little but I am on my way!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Meat someone new? Don't mind if I do ;)
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    good evening! I too have been on the weight roller coaster too many times to count, not too mention the monetary investment with different groups/products..................

You share that once you start a diet you can't stick with it................... ah yes! If I may - that is because it is a diet - die with the letter t on the end................... and what comes to mind when using the word diet??? short term, quick fix, yucky, super restrictive, I could go on and on. i think you get my gist.

So as many others have posted, and as I shared with a friend whom is at the same point in their life that I am, we just had not discussed this, it has taken us both many years to realize that it is not about an "8 week challenge" to see whom can lose the most weight, because we all know what can happen after 8 weeks......................... we have come to truly realize that it really is about health, not just saying it for the sake of saying it. As we all focus on better nutrition and activity, guess what??? the pounds start to release them selves. It is not about losing weight for a wedding or a vacation....................

Certainly nothing wrong with having/setting goals, but just be careful not to get down on your self if you are not able to achieve every goal. focus on the positive changes you are making, any weight that you have released and carry on my MFP friend:smile:

Hope this helps a little bit:flowerforyou:
  • tasteoheavn
    tasteoheavn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Patsey and for the time in my life my weight has become an issue. I'm not just naturally "skinny" but was in the Navy for 25 years and kept high standards, but now that I'm retired the weight just seems to stay in place. Would love to meet some new people and help with the motivation as I need the help also.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am late with this but Hey my name is Alexis and I havent been on this rollercoaster my whole life, just the last 5 or so years! Now im on and off the wagon, but as my BFF would say, its time to get off of this ride, I wanna new one!
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello! Using MFP, logging and checking in with friends for support is what keeps me going. Started with Weight Watchers then migrated over to MFP when they changed the plan. When I started I was miserable with my current weight. Lost 35 pounds ( big deal for someone 5'2") but now I struggle gaining and losing the same 10lbs ..... getting to maintenance AND STAYING THERE! I'm pretty much 80/20 with the healthy food choices but I need to become MUCH more consistent with the exercise and fitness.
  • JuliePackham
    Options
    Hello! Using MFP, logging and checking in with friends for support is what keeps me going. Started with Weight Watchers then migrated over to MFP when they changed the plan. When I started I was miserable with my current weight. Lost 35 pounds ( big deal for someone 5'2") but now I struggle gaining and losing the same 10lbs ..... getting to maintenance AND STAYING THERE! I'm pretty much 80/20 with the healthy food choices but I need to become MUCH more consistent with the exercise and fitness.

This is a great idea!

I've just starting using MFP and I love it. My diary is open to friends so you can see that my food choices are not always awesome, but the majority of my diet is natural and healthy. I lost 50lbs two years ago, but put 30 of it back on. Now I'm down 8 again and going strong. I have an active social life style and I struggle with things like dinners out and social drinks, but logging it all into MFP forces me to stare it in the face and keeps me in control. I'm a fan of group exercise, because it keeps me motivated. Happy to meet you :)
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, Julie! Thanks for joining this post. It's nice to meet you! That's great that you log no matter what. When I have a bad day I always feel guilty about logging what I ate and that's one thing I'm working on getting better at.
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    Hi my name is tammy. I am married and mother of two adult college daughters( well one graduates highschool this year). I have been on mfp about 40 plus days..... I have logged in every day . Logging my food has been a great help and monitoring the exercise has helped too. I feel better , have more energy and am taking it one day at a time......