adipex...success stories??

Options
Has anyone tried adipex or the generic brand of it:? My doc currently prescribed this for me and it has suppressed my appetite! I know it isnt a "magic" pill but so far I've seen a difference in my eating habits... Just wondering if anyone has a success story on this medication.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• runnermel
    Options
    bump...I am definitely interested in this!
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have taken adipex off an on during my weight loss journey, and it has worked very well for me, though I will be very honest, it was HARD for me to stop taking it. I did not regain any weight when I went off of the adipex, tho I did sleep for about 16 hrs a day for 2 weeks after I stopped taking it. (After taking it for several months.)

I would recommend doing this one bottle, enjoying the catalyst towards weight loss, higher energy, etc, and then not going back for a refill.
  • tarahs
    tarahs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started on adipex two days ago, just curious as to how many/average lbs did you lose in a week/month?? I am trying to shed 15-20 lbs....thanks!
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    That is just the brand name for Phentermine. Long time ago I tried it. I didn't need to lose weight at the time but I thought I did. Its bad stuff. You will lose weight on it but as soon as the doctor stops prescribing it you will just gain the weight back. I couldn't sleep, got irritated real easy.

Good Luck
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Bump....... I'm on day 2 of taking it and have noticed appetite suppression... usually by lunch my tummy is growling loudly and yesterday I didn't even feel like I needed to eat. I am going to start taking a multivitamin in the mornings with my shake though so I don't worry about not getting all my nutrients. My doc just really stressed you can't rely on the pill to be magical and once you do stop taking it you have to keep up good habits with your diet and continue to exercise. Most people that I have read about that said they gained the weight back are the ones who went back to eating crappy and sitting on the couch.

I did take it about 3 years ago and my only side effect was extreme dry mouth. I did lose weight but got pregnant after about 2 months of taking it (and obviously stopped) so I can't really comment on whether or not the weight came back.
  • DawnLosing
    Options
    Does this have to be given by a prescription?? I found this http://www.myadipex.com/buy-phentramin-d.html, so I am not sure I need a script for this or I can just order here.... Comments/advice?
  • tarahs
    tarahs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd definitely consult your doctor first. It is a prescription only drug since it's a control substance. I hope this help.
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I won't lie, I was desperate before and ordered the online stuff and it is CRAP!! Don't waste your money. My friends who have taken adipex through a Dr have had good results. However, they said they had problems with sleep and dry mouth. I've read reviews that said you can go through withdrawls if you all of sudden stop taking them after being on them for awhile as well. Apparently, around my hometown it's what everyone is trying to get on or is on, all through a doctor.
  • Jcat52643
    Jcat52643 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Adipex is great for short term use. However, it is addictive and does end up losing it's effect after a few months. As far as trouble sleeping goes, try only taking 2 doses a day (morning and lunch) and skip the dinner dose. That's what I do and I sleep much better. I do get very bad dry mouth but I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. It encourages me to drink more water than I normally would. I'm a doctor and have experience in the weight loss setting (not trying to brag, I just wanted you to know where my info was coming from).
  • supa57
    Options
    The doctors where i live do not want to prescribe it, do you know of anyone or where i could get adipex?
  • lizgreenhill
    lizgreenhill Posts: 185
    Options
    I have been on adipex for 3 weeks. I have lost 10lbs so far and 2 inches off my waist. I work out 2-3 days a week and only consume 1000-1200 calories a day. I felt like i was high when i first started taking them but after 2-3 days i couldnt even tell i was on them anymore. My body got used to it really quickly. It did suppress my appetite. The only side effect that i have is dry mouth. I am very happy on this pill until someone makes me upset and then i get really angry and its hard for me to get back to being happy. I have alot more energy and patience.
    I go to the doctor in 2 weeks and im pretty sure i will go back for a refill.

I currently only take 3/4 a pill once a day because i have such a low tolerance for caffeine. I cant even drink a cup of coffee without feeling jittery. I was taking a 1/2 pill for the last 2 weeks and it worked just as good for me.
    My doctor only prescibed the one 1 pill 1 time a day because that is so addicting that people will go through withdraws. I have gone a day or 2 without taking it and i feel no differently from when i am on it and when im not.

Good luck to you
  • meganosmer
    meganosmer Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Liz!

I started taking Adipex P in January 2013 and so far I've lost 47 pounds! I started weight watchers online also, just to track my eating. I certainly experienced the same side effects as you. I was very anxious at times, I am typically a pretty impatient person to begin with, but the medicine made me even more short tempered. I can't tell you how happy I am on it though. My body did get used to it, but I found when I take the whole pill first thing in the AM maybe 15-30 mins before breakfast I have a much better reaction to it. I am sensitive to caffine and don't drink it at all, this medicine isn't like fat burners, it doesn't make you jittery per say. I am a total neat freak and organized person now because of the medicine. It changed my life completely. I started with adjusting my eating in the beginning, then incorporated excersize. When I started I was 235 pounds, I'm down to 190 now. When I notice my body isn't reacting to the medicine sometimes I'll skip a day to trick my body and that seems to work well. Once I started exercising the pounds started shedding off. I hope you have the same success I had, I swear by it!

Good luck!
  • kgulett
    kgulett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My doctor prescribed Apidex-P just this week to me because I have a very large amount of weight to lose. She believes this will lower my blood pressure and I have lost 5 lbs since Wednesday eating between 1000-1500 calories. It doesn't make me jittery or moody. It gives me just a little more energy and stops my cravings in between meals. Hopefully it will work as long as she can prescribe it. We'll see!!
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My doctor prescribed Apidex-P just this week to me because I have a very large amount of weight to lose. She believes this will lower my blood pressure and I have lost 5 lbs since Wednesday eating between 1000-1500 calories. It doesn't make me jittery or moody. It gives me just a little more energy and stops my cravings in between meals. Hopefully it will work as long as she can prescribe it. We'll see!!

I too tried this. Took it for a couple months dec-feb and It definitely helped me get going. I've kept the scale moving down on my own after it too! I swear by this, if used correctly.
  • michgirljmk
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your stories! I was just prescribed this and this makes me hopeful that along with my healthy routine, this will be a great tool!
  • mandyalene
    mandyalene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of adipex, I started it yesterday after my Dr.'s appointment. I did take my first pill at noon-ish--which gave me trouble trying to sleep. I have extreme dry mouth, but as others have stated it only encourages me to drink more water, which is a good thing! In just 1 day I lost 1.2lbs (probably water weight, I know--but nice to see a change on the scale!). Today, I took the medicine around 9am, I'm hoping it won't keep me up as bad tonight. Also I went for a walk/jog this morning and did some body weight exercises when I got back. I feel great! I have a long way to go and I want to get on a really good routine before going off of this medicine as I have read the many reports of instantly gaining weight back after stopping the pills. I think that happens to those who just stop eating and lose weight based on the appetite suppressant effect without trying to make other healthy changes, dramatically decreasing their actual metabolism. I'm doing the couch to 5k for a race I signed up for in late September. I need all the motivation I can get. I have failed so many times in the past--I'm ready this time.
  • butterflygone
    Options
    I'm on day one, and am taking a half pill for starters, per my doctor's orders. I have Hashimoto's, and generally run on sleepy, so this mild "buzz" of energy is nice. I haven't felt energized since before my thyroid went out of whack. I'm hoping this will help curb my afternoon muchies. I have about 80 lbs to lose to get to where I'm "normal" for my height.

On a side note, I was prescribed this by my Endocrinologist because I have a family history of type II diabetes, and am now in my mid-30's. I don't want to be diabetic. She said Adipex shouldn't be taken longer than 3 months at a time.
  • Feels good to read these reviews. My doctor prescribed this for me. Before I start she wants a thyroid and heart ultrasound to make sure my heart can tolerate it. I look forward to it helping get on the right path and I will be going back to 1200 cals per a day not 1500. Before I do that I will be consulting my nutritionist first. I'm excited. I took meridia year ago before I got married and pregnant and it worked very well for me. Lost about 30 pounds on it. Can't wait until my ultrasounds on Wednesday and result Friday. Will keep you all posted!
  • lovecoaster
    Options
    Can anyone help me find authentic Adipex P? Where can I purchase online from legit pharmacy? Made in'UK, USA or EU only, I am in Pakistan.
  • Michigandon
    Options
    First, I was on Adipex in the late summer of 2012 and lost 70 pounds over a two month period. My first week was 20 pounds, however I think that was water weight.

I am back on it as of today, and I can give some firm advice. Adipex is only half the battle. You have to WANT to change your eating habits, you have to stay away from garbage, and you need to eat. Stay away from coffee and other high caffeine liquids. I got sick on Adipex as I was drinking 2 cups a coffee a day and also not eating much.

Adipex can ONLY be prescribed. Anyone selling Adipex off counter is not to be trusted. You have no idea what you are taking. Also it does take getting used to. It can make you very angry over little things. However, I think over all it is a wonder drug. I disagree with its use for people who wants to lose 15 pounds etc... Sorry, Adipex is only for those with real weight issues.