WIll a fibre supplement beat my bloat??

Options
sastrodder
sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
My tummy is my problem area and while I do need to lose some weight from it, i think some of it is also bloating.

When I wake up in a morning my tummy is not quite flat, but by mid morning there is a noticable difference in its size!!!

I am currently training for a 10km run at the end of May, doing the 30 day shred and counting my cals. I drink roughly 1.5l water daily too.

Is it possible that a fibre supplement might help me? I found an online fibre calculator which suggested that I consume below the recommended amount of fibre on a typical day?

Any opinions would be gratefully received.

Replies

• SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    fiber is bulk forming
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Why not add in an extra serving of fruit or vegetables to get the fiber you need instead of a supplement?

I doubt a supplement will help the bloat. It could be due to your body not used to an increase of fiber, water rentention, etc. A supplement may make things worse especially if you are only drinking about 1.5l of water a day.

I would up the water a bit and maybe add in an extra serving of fruit or vegetables.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    If you wake up with an almost flat stomach, I don't think fiber is going to help your issue. I would take a hard look at what you are eating for breakfast. If it's wheat and dairy, you are probably looking at the bloat culprit right there.
  • sastrodder
    sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you wake up with an almost flat stomach, I don't think fiber is going to help your issue. I would take a hard look at what you are eating for breakfast. If it's wheat and dairy, you are probably looking at the bloat culprit right there.

Usually I start with a weightwatchers yoghurt and fruit, so yes, some dairy.