Any guys lost their love handles ? Motivation needed!

Options
And when i say love handles, I don't mean "Yeah, i had a bit of a belly now it's gone!" I'm talking about LUUURRRRRVE handles!

I'm losing weight and feeling starting to feel and look better, yet i whenever i see a progress photo from behind my love handles make me squirm and i feel like they will never go! I know you can't spot reduce fat, and i know my body so guessing this area will be the last place i lose, but i would love some motivation and some pics of guys that have lost their love handles to keep me going!!

Replies

• rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think you've got to just keep working. I still have some to get rid of but considering I was 40+ lbs overweight for many years I have excepted it will take a little time to get the skin to shrink back which is my biggest issue right now.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit along with working out took care of mine -- it just takes a while.
  • deanjcrawford
    deanjcrawford Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i know. I'm just going to keep on doing what i'm doing as i'm losing weight, but my love handles are pretty big. I'm just an odd shape and would like to see if anyone was in the same boat as me and lost.
  • giddings78
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, i had a lot to lose (160lb) and am at the stage where i have huge love handles, they are a good 2 inches wider than my upper legs! But as i've got closer to my goal i have noticed that my fat is working from my extremities towards my belly and is finally coming off there now that im close
  • deanjcrawford
    deanjcrawford Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No guys want to share their pics? Could really use the motivation...
  • clubben2k
    clubben2k Posts: 29
    Options
    Love handles are the first place where I get fat and the last place for it to go away. Right now I have a 6 pack and still have some of that pesky handle action.

In my opinion don't be in a rush for results, make fitness a part of your lifestyle, set short term goals and long term goals and each time you surpass them make new ones. As long as you keep setting goals and make fitness a part of your lifestyle the handles will eventually go away and stay away.

just my 2 cents, good luck and keep on keepin on.

you may find motivation from my story as well - link below

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/976300-my-fitness-pendulum-w-story-and-pics
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Meh, gives her something to grab on to. I say keep'em!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    They are always the last to go on my while cutting and first place I gain during a bulk.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i know. I'm just going to keep on doing what i'm doing as i'm losing weight, but my love handles are pretty big. I'm just an odd shape and would like to see if anyone was in the same boat as me and lost.

I am in the same boat, pretty happy with the rest of my body but the LH refuse to go away. As everybody says, I am going to keep up at it. I don't know if age has something to do too, I am 51 so maybe it's a bit too late for me
    JC
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    They are always the last to go on my while cutting and first place I gain during a bulk.

• Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Those are usually the last think to go on us dudes. The lower ab section and the love handles / lower back fat were the hardest on me. Just keep working it and they will eventually come off.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Almost!!!
    My weight loss definitely came off from different areas at different times. Leg and arms were quite lean before I lost much from my stomach. Then my face joined the party (cheekbones - had forgotten I had them!). Then chest and finally love handles are shrinking.
    At my original goal weight I didn't think they had shrunk much at all but now I'm 4lbs lighter there's a big difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!