Help me be full!

Options
I try to eat every 2 or 3 hours. I try to eat a lot of protein. I eat about 1350 calories a day. However, I feel like I need food after 30 minutes or so. Sometimes at night I can't control it no matter how much water I chug. Basically, anyone know any tricks or anything that helps them feel full? I'm even fine with supplements but I'm a little scared of chia seeds (feel free to sway me towards chia).
Thanks! =]

Replies

• Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary - how much protein do you actually get each day? I aim for 100 grams or more. When I need to feel full, I eat baby carrots or raw green bell peppers. Fiber! :)
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I try to eat every 2 or 3 hours. I try to eat a lot of protein. I eat about 1350 calories a day. However, I feel like I need food after 30 minutes or so. Sometimes at night I can't control it no matter how much water I chug. Basically, anyone know any tricks or anything that helps them feel full? I'm even fine with supplements but I'm a little scared of chia seeds (feel free to sway me towards chia).
    Thanks! =]
    1) why are you scared of chia?

2) if you're not full, you should eat more
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so I can't really help. But my guess is you could do both of these to feel more full:
    1. Eat more vegetables.
    2. Eat more calories.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Fiber! As for chia seeds, look up recipes chia fresca. Delicious way to eat chia seeds. Another way the eat them is to soak them, then put them in smoothies. Yum! :smile:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I would try upping your calories a bit and creating a deficit with exercise. My guess is that you are hungry because your body needs more fuel. This kind of feeling can also be common if you have insulin resistance. You say you are chugging water at night - is this to try and feel full or because you are very thirsty? If you are getting plenty of water but have an insatiable thirst you might want to get a physical to make sure everything is ok metabolically.
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    have you mentioned this to your DR. You could have some kind of condition that is causing you to have the hunger. I was just like you alway hungry and was trying to figure out what was wrong with my nutrition that I was always hungry. Turned out that I was insulin resistant and that was why I was always hungry.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I used eat every few hours to curb my hunger but it didn't work the best! I was almost always still hungry even after just eating. Now I eat 3 larger meals and (1-2) snacks a day I feel much more satisfied. Also, I eat alot of fresh produce and protein (chicken/beans/eggs). What are you eating for added protein? Do you weigh your food? I ask because I realized I was eating less meat/beans than I assumed (before I used my food scale) resulted in me getting less protein/calories than I thought. You might not be eating as much as you think/need more calories.

Good luck!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    A few things fill me up pretty easily and don't require a TON of calories

1- a few carrots and some peanut butter.
    2- Egg salad sandwich (always fills me up)
    3- Oatmeal
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    drink lots and lots and lots and lots of water.
  • rebbylicious
    Options
    make sure you are not using artificial sweeteners, they can cause people to feel more hungry
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Pair your protein with healthy fat.
  • rebbylicious
    Options
    I would try upping your calories a bit and creating a deficit with exercise. My guess is that you are hungry because your body needs more fuel. This kind of feeling can also be common if you have insulin resistance. You say you are chugging water at night - is this to try and feel full or because you are very thirsty? If you are getting plenty of water but have an insatiable thirst you might want to get a physical to make sure everything is ok metabolically.

She makes a good point! It would be difficult to eat my daily calorie goal, so I exercise to earn more calories to eat LOL
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    A handful of premium granola like Love Crunch Aloha Blend or the Dark Chocolate And Red Berries. Works for me. Half a cup and you feel "full", plus it's delicious.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Last night after dinner I felt absolutely stuffed, yet my dinner was only 246 calories. I felt so stuffed because most of my dinner was roasted cauliflower and roasted asparagus. I added a little bit of chimichurri sauce and served it over 1/2 cup mixture of brown rice & quinoa and it was great. For me, finding some lower calorie foods that I love has been really helpful in finding that full feeling without breaking the calorie bank.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    2- Egg salad sandwich (always fills me up)
    I think I just figured out what I'm going to have for dinner tonight. Thanks! LOL!
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You are very close to your goal weight... In my opinion you are not eating nearly enough! I did the same thing. I was hungry all the time, no energy (not good when you are trying to build muscle.)
    Consider setting your calorie intake to 1600 and eating back at least half of your exercise calories.
    It did wonders for me... My body has enough nutrients to make muscle and I am still losing fat :-) I have energy! YAY! (The first two weeks of eating more I DID gain a pound and a half, but my fat percentage has been steadily dropping, I am down from a size 7 to a 5 and I feel great!)
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    more fiber! Don't be afraid of chia seeds either-they really don't even have much flavor. You can add to yogurt, put in a glass of ice tea and drink, in a smoothie, oatmeal...they fill you up nicely.
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    OMG since starting to follow a proper calorie intake I feel hungry all the time. All I think about is food . I found working out or a distraction like cleaning helps but sometimes I feel to shaky and just want to eat. I think my body is adapting to such a reduction in calorie intake and increase in activity levels. But although the weight is dropping well I feel well snappy and can't imagine me upkeeping the results when I meet my goal. I'll follow this for some useful tips/
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    SOUP!
    Lots of bulk with few calories
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the same way. I never felt full unless I had a total binge, and other than those moments, I always wanted something to eat. I was never satisfied no matter how much I ate - I always "needed" something more (and I was eating plenty of protein - nearly 150g a day). Watching calories (I was eating 1500 - 1800 calories) was so hard because I was always hungry so food was all I ever thought about, and there were never enough calories for all the food I seemed to be hungry for. What worked for me was to cut grains and sugars (besides fruit and veggies). I'm not saying that's what will work for everyone, but it has done wonders for me. I still eat too much sometimes, but that's because of bad habits (eating out of boredom). I'm now easily satisfied and don't feel like I just need something else. I often eat all my calories before 4:00 p.m. (because that's when I'm hungry and enjoy eating), and then don't eat again until 8:00 a.m. the next morning and don't feel any hunger at all. Every time I allow myself to have a grain or sugar, I feel those same unsatisfied feelings and start overeating again. So anyway - this is what works for me.