Greek yogurt potato salad. Get ready for the cook-outs =)

Options
bcf7683
bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
Stumbled upon this when looking for recipes for our cook-out tonight. Sounds pretty delish =)

Greek Yogurt Potato Salad-

2 cups Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
3T dijon mustard (less if you aren't a mustard person)
8 red potatoes (I have little red potatoes about 4oz each, I'm using 6)
Finely diced celery - 2 stalks
1 diced yellow bell pepper
Paprika
black pepper
salt
garlic powder (All seasonings to taste, I'm omitting salt)
2T Vinegar (I'm using apple cider vinegar, it's what's in the cabinet)
1 white onion chopped
1T minced garlic (can omit if you don't like super garlicky foods)

Boil potatoes until tender but firm. (I'm microwaving mine to save time. I stab them all over with a fork and microwave until a little softened) Test with fork. Cool potatoes then cube. Place in big bowl.
Mix yogurt, mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, minced onions & minced garlic until blended. Gently add yogurt mixture to potato mixture and toss together. Gently mix bell pepper and celery into the bowl then top with spices to taste.
Chill for 1 hour.

Nutrition based on the brands of ingredients I'm using (splitting into 6 servings)-

Cals- 161
Carbs- 28
Fat- 0
Protein- 11

Nom. Happy Friday! :drinker:

Replies

• kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    mmmm looks yummy! We're cooking out tomorrow...I may just have to try this one. I love potato salad.
  • CW101
    CW101 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great idea!
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I made basically this a few weeks ago. It does taste different so if you have a man in your life like mine that likes things the way he likes them with no changes ever (haha) you may want to do half light mayo and half Greek yogurt so it isn't as noticeable. I did that the second time and it was much better received.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    I made basically this a few weeks ago. It does taste different so if you have a man in your life like mine that likes things the way he likes them with no changes ever (haha) you may want to do half light mayo and half Greek yogurt so it isn't as noticeable. I did that the second time and it was much better received.

My dude is finally getting on the "not be a heffer anymore" bandwagon (his words, not mine), so he said he'd give it a try. Lol.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy. I sub greek plain yogurt for everything calling for mayo or sour cream. Sometimes you need to up the spices a little to compensate, or thin with almond milk if subbing for sour cream.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    sounds yummy. I sub greek plain yogurt for everything calling for mayo or sour cream. Sometimes you need to up the spices a little to compensate, or thin with almond milk if subbing for sour cream.

Agreed. I love it on sweet potatoes with salsa.................and now I'm hungry.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing... I will be trying it!

:bigsmile:
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll have to give this a try this summer.. if summer ever comes to Michigan :(
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    yum, thanks!
  • sburvee
    sburvee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We're camping over Mother's Day weekend and will be trying this recipe!
  • bcf7683
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll have to give this a try this summer.. if summer ever comes to Michigan :(

It's finally here in PA, for a few days at least... That's why I'm trying to get my cook-out on :drinker:
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds sooo good!