Are you sabotaging your success?

Options

Replies

• VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    you can have your cake and be fit too.

I love this phrase. XD

Yes I'll have both please. Not really interested in a world without cake :wink:
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The cake is a LIE. She doesn't have enough cake for all of us.
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    Also going with "cake". My sister's birthday party is tomorrow, and I'm probably going to be making her birthday cake. I'll be d***ed if I don't eat some of the cake I bake! I'll have a small piece and plan for it within my calories and macros. No big deal. :)
  • vy87
    vy87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna exercise so hard that the cake is going to be burned faster than I can eat it:)
  • vy87
    vy87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The cake is a LIE. She doesn't have enough cake for all of us.
    The cake is a LIE LOL
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What do you want more? To feel fit, healthy and full of energy or that big piece of cake?

Yes! It's Friday but don't let what you want at this moment sabotage what you REALLY want further down the line. Keep this in mind today and through the weekend.
    Who is going to stick with it this weekend?

www.facebook.com/kelli.hulst.1

I think I will have all four thank you :)
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first 5K this weekend so definitely sticking with it! Most weeks I try to build up a little buffer in case I want to splurge a little on the weekend but the high fat/ sugar/ calorie food makes me feel like I have a hangover so I pretty much avoid it anyway. If I'm going to have a hangover, I'd rather get it the old fasioned way!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    going with cake...because you can have your cake and be fit too.

and I will follow it up with bacon.

^This
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I want to fit that cake into my calories.

And I will. :happy:
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I sabotage myself every weekend. I lose during the week then the weekend comes and I eat and drink freely, which would be fine if I was trying to maintain, but I want to lose. So, hopefully I can get myself together and stop doing this to myself
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    What do you want more? To feel fit, healthy and full of energy or that big piece of cake?

Yes! It's Friday but don't let what you want at this moment sabotage what you REALLY want further down the line. Keep this in mind today and through the weekend.
    Who is going to stick with it this weekend?

www.facebook.com/kelli.hulst.1

Great advice - love it!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I feel like my mum is attempting to sabotage me this weekend.

It seems like all I've heard from her today is -
    "Have some more sausage rolls."
    "Why don't you help me finish off these mini pasties for lunch?"
    "Would you like a cheese straw?"
    "You could have some of those sausages for supper."
    "If they don't get eaten soon, they're going to go stale."

She only baked it all yesterday! It'll keep.

Here's a script you might try... while you love her and appreciate the thought, you don't want cardiac problems. All that stuff clogs up your arteries. You want to be healthy so you can stick around to visit her for years to come.
  • maxinecc
    maxinecc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think other people try to sabotage me. I came home from work today to fund that my husband had bought me a big bag of joysticks (chewy sweets)

I said to him, are you trying to make me fat.............his reply.............well if I am it's not working.

That's the nicest thing he said to me
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Here's a script you might try... while you love her and appreciate the thought, you don't want cardiac problems. All that stuff clogs up your arteries. You want to be healthy so you can stick around to visit her for years to come.

Spot on, I told her it's lovely, tastes great, I really appreciate it, and I'll happily have a couple of sausage rolls but I can't be scoffing that much or I'll wreck all my good progress. To be fair, it's not a common occurence. She doesn't bake often. Besides, today she implied that I resemble Billy Bunter and we had a good laugh over all the **** she tried to feed me yesterday. XD

I'm like, make up your mind, Mother! Am I horribly underfed and in dire need of high density fattening food, or do I resemble Billy Bunter and require a serious fitness overhaul? It can't be both!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

Spot on, I told her it's lovely, tastes great, I really appreciate it, and I'll happily have a couple of sausage rolls but I can't be scoffing that much or I'll wreck all my good progress. To be fair, it's not a common occurence. She doesn't bake often. Besides, today she implied that I resemble Billy Bunter and we had a good laugh over all the **** she tried to feed me yesterday. XD

I'm like, make up your mind, Mother! Am I horribly underfed and in dire need of high density fattening food, or do I resemble Billy Bunter and require a serious fitness overhaul? It can't be both!

1. You do not in the least resemble Billy Bunter (I had to google it).

2. We have this other thread going about how parents are ultimately responsible for raising kids who are overweight. The consensus is that it's true. Parents do teach the kids how to eat. Remember this when you are setting an example for others. Don't do what your mom is doing.

3. Hang tough. Tell her that if you eat what she is making, you are going to die young. That should do it.

Good luck and keep at it every day. My husband usually has terrible snacks here and it's like walking a mine field to get something decent to eat. I have to have my own stash of healthy snacks and foods so that I can eat my good stuff and not get tempted by the floury junk that I see everywhere.

Did you know that flour has as almost many calories per tbsp as sugar? 28 in flour, 48 in sugar. When you make a pastry or cookie, which do you put more in, flour or sugar? Flour. Usually about 4:1.

Stay away from the floury crap.

Jan
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am totally on board with having those treats!!! In fact I LOVE em! But so often I could easily fall into the trap after every workout that I worked hard or I worked hard all week so I really deserve to choose one too many treats. Life should be enjoyed!! But I honestly believe all in moderation.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

3. Hang tough. Tell her that if you eat what she is making, you are going to die young. That should do it.

My father used to work in a steel plant in the 1970s where the cafeteria was staffed by nice Polish ladies who tried to make him bacon and eggs and sausage for breakfast. (He was the plant manager.) He went with simple, healthy things even back then, even though they were disappointed. As he got into conversations with them, it turned out their husbands had died young, and their 40-something sons were battling heart disease and high BP.. he could see why.

I love my 28-year old son. When he stopped eating sugary stuff because he and his therapist concluded junk food made his ADD worse, I stopped keeping it around when he visited. He's thin as a rail and plays lots of basketball so I don't worry about his weight, but when he asked me not to stock the refrigerator with Ben & Jerry's for his visits, I stopped. Sometimes loving your child means not tempting them with things they've resolved not to eat. There are other ways to show you love them.
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    we must enjoy life!!! It makes me sad to read something about a "cheat cookie". this is negative and I want you to have that cookie, count it, enjoy it and feel good about having it:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

There is enough negativity in this world and we need to be kinder to ourselves:heart:

Focus on all of the good things that have happened since you began your journey to best health and how much you have reduced your risk for many health issues.:flowerforyou:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I had cake today, and chocolate, and I feel great about it. I feel fit and healthy and energetic. No sabotage here. :drinker:
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    we must enjoy life!!! It makes me sad to read something about a "cheat cookie". this is negative and I want you to have that cookie, count it, enjoy it and feel good about having it:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

There's a difference between blindly overindulging on the weekend and undoing all your good work, and treating yourself once in awhile. I got up at 5:30 this morning, ran a 5K in 37-degree weather with a light drizzle, finished up with 40 minutes at the gym. After a sensible lunch I had a Russell Stover S'Mores bar. You can bet I enjoyed all 230 calories of it.